Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-06-2005, 03:29 PM   #1
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Kirvin on Fitaly

Jeff Kirvin explains why Fitaly rocks (and how to master it):
Fitaly Virtual.
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:13 AM   #2
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Thanks Francesco. I've decided that G2 is horrible, and I've been looking for a way to learn more about Fitaly. This will definitely help!
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:10 PM   #3
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
I'm glad it helped. By the way, Kirvin mentions slides can be used to quickly write @, but it's also useful for commas (SW) and periods (E) followed by a space (which saves a lot of time/strokes), accents (NE), etc.
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:30 PM   #4
cheshire
Fence Sitter
cheshire began at the beginning.

Device: Asus P525
I have used Fitaly since my Palm III days, and IMHO it is still the most painless and quickest entry method. Having tried Tengo, Calligrapher and a bunch of others, I always find myself returning to Fitaly.

The learning curve is steep, I admit I was initially a little put off by it, but it's well worth the effort!
cheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 09:14 PM   #5
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Yea, that's a good point. I think it takes dedication. I remember installing it once and being like, "Whoa, learning curve." I have early frustration syndrome (EFS), which I'm sure is a precursor to ADD (joke, sorry to those who do suffer from ADD), so I wasn't into commitment.

I'm 99% sure that the benefits will outweigh any ridiculousness I whine about and that I'll fall in lust with it. Just gotta be committed....

Anything's gotta be better than G2. I often find myself getting angry about never being able to find the amperstand or other silly but useful characters.
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote