Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-21-2006, 04:41 PM   #1
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Radio Shack Power Brick for iLiad

273-1776 12V 1 amp Power Adapter
273-1720 "Q" tip

You get one tip for free, total charge $17.99 plus tax.

Working great right now powering my dropbear session.

NOTE: make sure you plug the tip in right way round, you want the tip to be +.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
Ivan
Connoisseur
Ivan began at the beginning.

scot: I like your proposal. Could your please let me know a bit more details on how to make it? I am trying to make one but don't want to srew up my reader.

Thanks in advance. IC
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2007, 09:37 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have used the Radio Shack 273-1776 12V 1 amp Power Adapter many times for many applications over the years.

Although I cannot say for the iLiad, for the Sony Reader I also have used an iGo Juice (also from Radio Shack or www.igo.com) that will work with wall outlets, car adapters, and airplane power adapters. For the Reader you need plug (iTip) A54. Works like a champ.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 06:40 AM   #4
Ivan
Connoisseur

Thanks for your reply. I am in Hong Kong and got my 12V 1 amp Power Adapter and I figure out the wiring as well but I cannot find "plug (iTip) A54". Can you take a picture how your plug look like? Is it easily fit in your reader?
Old 02-09-2007, 07:11 AM   #5
Ivan
Connoisseur

Thanks, Wood. I found pcitures already from the web. Again, is it fit in Iliad reader? Also do you need to apply wire to both pin 1, 2 and 19,20 yourself?
Advert
Old 02-09-2007, 08:42 AM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Ivan, the A54 is only for the Sony Reader when used with the iGo Juice or other iGo model.

For the iRex use the 12v 1 amp Power Adapter and the Radio Shack part number 273-1720 "Q" tip.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:18 PM   #7
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
273-1776 12V 1 amp Power Adapter
273-1720 "Q" tip

You get one tip for free, total charge $17.99 plus tax.

Working great right now powering my dropbear session.

NOTE: make sure you plug the tip in right way round, you want the tip to be +.
I just want to make sure that I'm not missing something.

All this really does is provide a backup for the AC adaptor for the iLiad. I still need that bulky, proprietary "travel cradle" thing to plug the AC adaptor into.

Right?

If that's the case, this really doesn't do too much.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:37 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
I have used the Radio Shack 273-1776 12V 1 amp Power Adapter many times for many applications over the years.

Although I cannot say for the iLiad, for the Sony Reader I also have used an iGo Juice (also from Radio Shack or www.igo.com) that will work with wall outlets, car adapters, and airplane power adapters. For the Reader you need plug (iTip) A54. Works like a champ.
If I have an iGo car charger for my cell phone, can I just get tip A54 to use with the Sony Reader while in the car?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:59 PM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yup, you've got the idea, JWolf.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:09 PM   #10
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlauzon View Post
I just want to make sure that I'm not missing something.

If that's the case, this really doesn't do too much.
What you are missing is the $40 USD iRex charges to ship anything. I can buy two of these for the shipping charges alone.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote