Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-20-2010, 06:54 AM   #1
duckling
duckling began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Question sony problem

Hi, I'm new to all this so I hope I'm not repeating an old question. I have downloaded some books into calibre, and all looks good but when I transfer to sony 505 the author appears as part of the title and therefore won't sort by author. Any answers will need to be simple since I really have no idea about computers! Thanks
duckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:01 AM   #2
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Duckling, firstly, welcome to MR

The easiest way to change this is simply to change the title/author manually on Calibre. With Calibre displaying the 505's contents, double click on the Title field and amend it to remove the author's name; then double click on the Author field and type in the Author's name (I type it in as surname, forename).

I sometimes find that doing this doesn't 'take' the first time, i.e. when I disconnect the Reader from the computer the change hasn't been made. If this happens, try again (although it seems to be more reliable to make the changes in the Calibre library prior to sending to the device).

I have no doubt that there are other ways of doing this, but this works for me and is relatively straightforward for people with limited knowledge of computers.

Hope this helps.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 07:52 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi duckling and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to the site.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:52 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Duckling. Yep, just hit 'meta data' in your Calibre library and you can change author, title, tags, etc, etc. Dead simple and it works well because you're free to develop your own filing system just as you want it. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 05:48 AM   #6
duckling
duckling began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Many thanks Bilbo, worked well, easy when you know how. But it didn't work when i tried to do it via the meta data as Neilmarr suggested. Thanks for the help, makes all the difference, especially in Tasmania, not too many e-readers this far south.
duckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:28 AM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckling View Post
Thanks for the help, makes all the difference, especially in Tasmania, not too many e-readers this far south.
May not be many readers there is Tasie but you absolutely have the best seafood on the planet. I think I'd trade my reader for one of the lobsters I got on the dock there in Hobart once. Okay, well I wouldn't trade it but I'd let the lobster cook read on it while I pigged out.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #8
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	HelloThere.gif
Views:	134
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	48543 duckling, and welcome to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #9
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi duckling & welcome to MR
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote