Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
outie
outie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Is my screen damaged?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if my screen is broken or is it a controller issue? I never dropped it. I left in the car for a few hours and when I took it out it's like this.

I am still within the warranty period and the flat service fee is $29. If the screen is really broken then I guess I don't even need to waste the $29. Thanks in advance.

The lines appear to be "dead". 1st screen when it's turned off, 2nd screen is when it's turned on. Also, I did not have the dead vertical line when it first happened. Seems like it's getting worse?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2843315863_9736d4a80d.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	16165   Click image for larger version

Name:	2843319089_f1dbed8128.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	16166  
outie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
That does look very like a broken substrate.

Here are some other threads showing pictures of similar sad events:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24870
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16728
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2008, 06:57 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I do suggest you contact Sony. it is possible they may fix it or replace it under warranty.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:56 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Unquestionably a broken substrate. Probably won't be a warranty fix.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote