Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 04:24 AM   #1
manders2600
manders2600 can extract oil from cheesemanders2600 can extract oil from cheesemanders2600 can extract oil from cheesemanders2600 can extract oil from cheesemanders2600 can extract oil from cheesemanders2600 can extract oil from cheesemanders2600 can extract oil from cheesemanders2600 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Android
Multi-User database

First off, I want to say a big, "Thank you!" to Kovid for this awesome program, I've been using it for a few years now, and it is fantastic!

Second, I have occasionally heard mentions of a database rewrite, or something that would allow multiple instances of Calibre to interact with the same database, etc, and was wondering if this was still in development?

If not, is there a way to convert the Calibre db to a MySQL db, and have multiple instances of Calibre connect through it that way?
manders2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:27 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It is still in development.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
manders2600
manders2600 can extract oil from cheesemanders2600 can extract oil from cheesemanders2600 can extract oil from cheesemanders2600 can extract oil from cheesemanders2600 can extract oil from cheesemanders2600 can extract oil from cheesemanders2600 can extract oil from cheesemanders2600 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It is still in development.
Awesome!

Out of curiosity, is there active development on this that I can check out (I only see a master branch on github)? I'm trying to teach myself more about databases as a little work-related side-project, and I'd love to take a look, maybe learn some things, maybe contribute.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

calibre is not developed in github. Get the source code by following the instructions here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/develop.html

The new backed is being developed in the db/* directory.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
manders2600

Ah, cool. I've never used bazaar, but I'll give it a whirl.

Thanks!
Advert
Old 01-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Dont worry about the version control system, I am perfectly happy to receive patches via email, the important thing is the code