Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-16-2007, 01:36 PM   #1
firekat
Groupie
firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Replacement Battery Status

Has anyone that registered for the replacement battery program with iRex heard anything further? All I got was a confirmation email that I had signed up for the program and that they would contact me later with further details.

Has anyone heard anything subsequent to that communication?
firekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:47 PM   #2
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
None subsequent, but based on the original e-mail I wouldn't expect to hear from them until around mid-November.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2007, 06:23 AM   #3
rincewind
Connoisseur
rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad
Yes, I recently got a few emails in this respect - asking me to re-confirm that I want the new battery and an offer to switch to the new casing for an additional 50 euros. I am awaiting more information about exactly how and when the switch is going down, but they estimated about a month I believe.
rincewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:34 AM   #4
firekat
Groupie
firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I just received this email (23 October '07) from iRex:

Quote:
Dear Customer,

Your request for a battery replacement has been received. Please do note that it can take 3 to 4 weeks before we can handle your request. Due to the large demand of the new product, the shipment of the new battery to our service centers has been delayed. We will contact you as soon as possible on how to proceed.

We thank you for your understanding and patience.

Listed below are details of this Ticket. Please make sure the Ticket ID remains in the subject at all times.

Subject: Battery Replacement
Department: Technical Support

Please do let us know if we can assist you any further in the meantime.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Technical Support Center
iRex Technologies
3-4 weeks! That's outrageous! I have developed a "need" for this device, even though it still is not fully functional as it was initially marketed. The truth of the matter is that despite it's shortcomings I have come to depend upon it. I hope that they can do better than the 3-4 weeks. I am hoping that they would have service centers on different continents, i.e., distributers/service centers that could handle the work instead of it going all the way back to the Netherlands.

Crossing my fingers!

Good Luck To Us All!
Old 10-23-2007, 12:21 PM   #5
Almagne
Enthusiast
Almagne began at the beginning.

My iLiad has been sent to have the screen replaced and I requested a battery replacement while it was at the service center. The rep replied today that there were not any batteries in stock and that it would take about 4 - 6 weeks before more batteries would be received. That is just to get the batteries in stock, not to replace them in my iLiad. So they offered to hold my Ilaid until they got more batteries and replaced them in my device.

Like you Firekat, I use the iLiad regularly. By the time the iLiad would have been returned the semester would have been over. So, I asked them to send it back without the new battery.
Almagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2007, 02:28 PM   #6
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Just a reminder: Tomorrow [2007/11/01] at 11:59 am CET [Central Europe Time] the battery replacement offer ends.
http://www.irextechnologies.com/supp...ry_replacement

I have placed my order today.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #7
firekat
Groupie

Latest Status as of 20 December 2007

For those that are interested just received this from iRex:

Quote:
Dear Customer,

We are *about to review and soon execute the battery & Casing upgrade program. We were experienced some delay due to high volume of requests and some logistic issues.

We kindly ask you to be patient for still a while, we will come back to you with more detailed information as soon as possible.

Thaks for your understanding.

Best regards and merry Xmas!

-----------------------
Technical Support Center
iRex Technologies
Now the next questions are going to be A. When? B. How long will it take? Anything over two week to handle the replacement IMHO is too long.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:11 AM   #8
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firekat View Post
Now the next questions are going to be A. When? B. How long will it take? Anything over two week to handle the replacement IMHO is too long.
I got the same e-mail yesterday.
[A] iRex' "soon" as always.
[B] I just hope that iRex executes the ticket ids in a row at reservers the battery/case so the worst case scenario "you send your iLiad in, but battery is out ouf stock" doesn't happen.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote