Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #2416
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Slayer - Cult (from the awesome album Christ Illusion)

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #2417
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Kansas - Dust in the Wind

Same old song
Just a drop of water in an endless sea

All we do
Crumbles to the ground though we refuse to see

Dust in the wind
All we are is dust in the wind

Old 11-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #2418
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
For all you heavy, atmospheric guitars lovers, Isis brought a new album out this year - Wavering Radiant.

Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #2419
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
For all you heavy, atmospheric guitars lovers, Isis brought a new album out this year - Wavering Radiant.

I like that Never heard them before, but will definitely check them out. Thanks for the tip.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:40 PM   #2420
Moejoe
Banned

Do I love me some Sonic Youth and Kim Gordon's voice

Sonic Youth - Sacred Trickster

Old 11-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #2421
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
I have another jewel for you guys, couldn't find it on youtube though, but I found it on myspace. Link
Greg Weeks - Day for Night.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:37 PM   #2422
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
I have another jewel for you guys, couldn't find it on youtube though, but I found it on myspace. Link
Greg Weeks - Day for Night.
I'm not sure if I like it or not. Reminds me of something, but I'm not quite sure what, maybe a speeded up, higher pitched Iron & Wine....no, not that. Damn, can't put my finger on it.

Talking of Iron & Wine here's - Naked As We Came

Old 11-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #2423
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I'm not sure if I like it or not. Reminds me of something, but I'm not quite sure what, maybe a speeded up, higher pitched Iron & Wine....no, not that. Damn, can't put my finger on it.

Talking of Iron & Wine here's - Naked As We Came

Hmm, saw a documentary a while ago on seattle as a music city. I fell for Band of Horses and Grand Archives. But Iron and Wine may be worth a second ear.

Still, nothing beats Sleepdriving by Grand Archives:

Laz116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #2424
Moejoe
Banned

The Shins - Past and Pending (pure poetry as far as I'm concerned. I could write a thousand stories for every one of their songs.)

As someone sets light to the first fire of autumn
we settle down to cut ourselves apart.
Cough and twitch from the news on your face
and some foreign candle burning in your eyes.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #2425
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i listened to the Garden State soundtrack (minus a few of the tracks) on endless repeat for a while and loved iron & wine's version of "such great heights". then i found out that song was originally by the postal service, and those guys are brilliant. now i'm pretty sure i like the original version better, but sometimes i'm just not sure. here, decide for yourselves :

The Postal Service : Such Great Heights

Iron and Wine : Such Great Heights

zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #2426
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i listened to the Garden State soundtrack (minus a few of the tracks) on endless repeat for a while and loved iron & wine's version of "such great heights". then i found out that song was originally by the postal service, and those guys are brilliant. now i'm pretty sure i like the original version better, but sometimes i'm just not sure. here, decide for yourselves :
I think I still prefer the Iron & Wine one (although that might be familiarity more than anything else). And talking of Garden State, that's sort of where my writing is at at the moment, in that kind of headspace...at least I imagine it to be

Now listening to:

Thelonious Monk - Don't Blame Me

Old 11-12-2009, 08:35 PM   #2427
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Just to show I got class, I give you:

WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:41 PM   #2428
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
The closing track to the original Thomas Crown Affair....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #2429
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This video always make me happy.

Watch, don't just listen!

Better yet, go to YouTube and watch in Full Screen and High-Definition!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 11-12-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #2430
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

The Bad Plus with their cover of Iron Man

Tags
birth of the shums, blues, listening, shumswrisomkw, unutterable silliness, youtubed! :)