Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #16
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I find that completely ignoring them is the best.

Last edited by The Terminator; 01-15-2012 at 08:05 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #17
DrDln
Banned
DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I do keep my eye on the dog, but I don't to stare it down. I walk to the other side of the street and try to get out of the dog's territory.
Basically that's what I do. Move on the other side but ignore while being aware if it is moving towards me. They normally don't. I will not say that I am scared of it. But it does spoil the walk for me. I still believe that dog should not be let lose, especially in the neighborhoods.
DrDln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #18
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
speak to the owners!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #19
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
I think they are a bit stringy. You need to marinade them.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #20
DrDln
Banned
DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
speak to the owners!
Owner almost always think their dogs are very friendly. They expect you to pat them. I was once bitten by a dog and the owner while cleaning my leg for band aid is saying this is very friendly dog. It wanted to play with you....lol
Old 01-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #21
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I grew up with cats as pets. My wife bought a dog into our marriage called Sheba. She was a German Shepherd/Kelbie/Blue Heeler cross, who was a beautiful family dog. When we had a stroke last year, Lori turned to me to make that very difficult decision and it was a very difficult though correct decision to make.

We have another dog now, our eldest daughters dog (kelpie/border collie cross) Shadow, who she could not keep any more. He is eighteen months old and just as loveable, a true family pet.

I am not a dog lover in the true sense of the word. But love the dog we had and the dog we have.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #22
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
It's illegal in our district to have a dog in public that is not on a leash. There are a couple of leash free areas for well trained dogs. Greyhounds always have to be muzzled in public. I think that if a dog has a history of biting, they should be muzzled in public as well.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #23
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
It's illegal in our district to have a dog in public that is not on a leash. There are a couple of leash free areas for well trained dogs. Greyhounds always have to be muzzled in public. I think that if a dog has a history of biting, they should be muzzled in public as well.
wow! greyhounds are not normally perceived as aggressive dogs!
Old 01-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #24
DrDln
Banned

Well the area where I live now have a leash law and whoever violates that law can be fined $250. When I was bitten that area had leash law too. Both times the dog ran from the house. It is often hard to implement the law.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #25
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
The most annoying off-leash dogs are the ones that the owners have no control over. The little one that want to run under you wheels on the bike path. Little pests they are, but I don't want to squish one!

The owners stand impotently by, vaguely calling the doggie's name in soft pathestic sounds, Mitzi! get out of the way"

Of course the doggie ignores Her (it is usually her that is so STOOPID). Sometimes she she pathetically says "sorry" , but mostly looks away as the Mitzi shits on the path.

Last edited by SneakySnake; 01-15-2012 at 07:38 PM.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #26
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
wow! greyhounds are not normally perceived as aggressive dogs!
I work with a guy who had rescued a greyhound only to have it bite one of his kids on the face, and the kid wasn't mistreating the dog. The dog really did a number on the kid.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #27
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

as a rescue it was probably used as a racing dog and therefore not socialized at all. poor things ;o(
Old 01-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #28
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I grew up with dogs my whole childhood. I remember my father spending a long time training each one we had. Owners must be responsible for training their dogs.

I now have cats and they have trained me very well!!!!
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #29
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Often it is the owners who are a big problem - we had a hideous, noisy and dangerous dog next to us - with an owner to match! But when another neighbour minded the dog for 2 weeks it turned into a happy friendly dog. Then the owner came back and the dog quickly reverted to type. Eventually the dog was put down after a particularly vicious attack. Unfortunately this option wasn't available for the owner - but he moved out after his wife left for greener pastures. Good result all round and our new neighbours are a vast improvement, as is their dog.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #30
DrDln
Banned

Another annoying thing I have seen are the dogs who bark at night. There is a dog in one of the houses close to front part of our house. Once our guest could not sleep well. Our bed room is in the back and we never heard any barking. What to do in this kind of situation. I am not aware of any laws against this kind of annoying habit of a dog.