Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-11-2020, 11:52 AM   #16
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by giotti View Post
Thanks for your suggestions. The resulting procedure could work to add books to the main library, but it would require to many steps in my opinion. Moreover, it would not solve the problem of directly moving the books to the ereader.

I see that CC is not suitable to do what I like. That would need something like calibre itself on my android phone which is not existing so far.
I think you're a KOReader user (at least on the ereader). KO has a CC like wireless client and supports calibre OPDS server too.

It also has a plugin to sync books between KO devices wirelessly (they need to be connected to the same network).

So, even if you don't use KOReader on your android device to read books, you can open the document you want in KO and publish it. On the ereader you click to subscribe and the book will be delivered to your ereader wirelessly.

In the case the book is in calibre you don't need that, as you can fetch the book over the internet using the OPDS client (your calibre server needs to be available for WAN) or in LAN using one of the two methods.

Finally, for ebooks stored in content providers like Dropbox, GDrive or OneDrive, you can import content on KO filemanager ( + -> import content here -> select the book(s) from the content provider) and publish them again. Content providers are available from Android 5, so that won't work on very legacy devices running ICS.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 04:23 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You seem to want 2 different things

CC can PULL (download) books using the Content server (the same place you can PUSH to the Library)

Calibre can PUSH books onto CC once you start the Wireless Device connection in CC
You just need to select the mode for what you want to do at the time.
I use WDC to update reading status on Calibre and to PULL updated versions of the books already in CC

I use The content server mode to browse my Calibre Library for new content I wish to have on my device
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2020, 09:56 AM   #18
giotti
Connoisseur
giotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it is

Device: Wexler flex.one, Boyue T65s, Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
I think you're a KOReader user (at least on the ereader). KO has a CC like wireless client and supports calibre OPDS server too.
Wow, this is very interesting!

Quote:
It also has a plugin to sync books between KO devices wirelessly (they need to be connected to the same network).

So, even if you don't use KOReader on your android device to read books, you can open the document you want in KO and publish it. On the ereader you click to subscribe and the book will be delivered to your ereader wirelessly.
This would greatly simplify the process of pushing ebooks to the reader, or to pull them there... I am trying it... with no results so far. Just to be sure, are you talking about "send2ebook"?

Quote:
In the case the book is in calibre you don't need that, as you can fetch the book over the internet using the OPDS client (your calibre server needs to be available for WAN) or in LAN using one of the two methods.
Well, this is very interesting as well :-)

Quote:
Finally, for ebooks stored in content providers like Dropbox, GDrive or OneDrive, you can import content on KO filemanager ( + -> import content here -> select the book(s) from the content provider) and publish them again. Content providers are available from Android 5, so that won't work on very legacy devices running ICS.
Again, very good hint.

The only small problem is now to push books in calibre, i.e. in OneDrive directly updating the metadata and the db, but it looks way easier now :-)
giotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 10:11 AM   #19
giotti
Connoisseur
giotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You seem to want 2 different things
Indeed :-)

Quote:
CC can PULL (download) books using the Content server (the same place you can PUSH to the Library)

Calibre can PUSH books onto CC once you start the Wireless Device connection in CC.
Absolutely.

Quote:
You just need to select the mode for what you want to do at the time.
I use WDC to update reading status on Calibre and to PULL updated versions of the books already in CC.

I use The content server mode to browse my Calibre Library for new content I wish to have on my device
Thanks for your exhaustive explanation. Sadly it doesn't cover my use case, as far as I can understand.
My main problem is that the PCs running calibre are seldom on. I would like to add books and upgrade the library (metadata and db), which is shared using OneDrive, using my android phone.

Hopefully I will soon, at least, understand how to push them in the ebook reader.

Sadly it looks that the procedure will involve too many steps resulting a little error prone.

Thanks a lot for your help.

And excuse me if I expressed myself in a messy way.
Old 11-12-2020, 11:13 AM   #20
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
My main problem is that the PCs running calibre are seldom on. I would like to add books and upgrade the library (metadata and db), which is shared using OneDrive, using my android phone.
CC can connect OneDrive too.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2020, 01:05 PM   #21
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
This would greatly simplify the process of pushing ebooks to the reader, or to pull them there... I am trying it... with no results so far. Just to be sure, are you talking about "send2ebook"?
Nope, I'm talking about https://github.com/koreader/koreader...sync-transport.

Anyways, for KOReader specific questions use the other forum so we cannot spoil this one
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 01:31 PM   #22
giotti
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
CC can connect OneDrive too.
Indeed it can, but it can only pull as far as I can see. That's my main problem now.

Last edited by giotti; 11-19-2020 at 11:35 AM.