Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 11:37 AM   #1111
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Beneath the Secrets By Lisa Renee Jones

Currently 99 cents at Amazon
Page count: 208

digital only

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CNX89CI
Quote:
PRELUDE:
Blake Walker left behind the ATF when the drug cartel he was hunting cost him the life of his fellow agent, and fiancee. Now, two years later, he's working with his brothers at Walker Security, but he's living fast, hard, and wild, until he reaches the ultimate high...revenge. And he's close, so close he can taste it. He's one meeting, one woman, away from being inside one of the money laundering shells the cartel operates.

One woman....
One dangerously hot night....
AND

Part 1
Two paths collide.
Two people who will do anything, including sleeping with the enemy, to avenge or save someone they love. But what if everything isn't as it seems and the enemy isn't the enemy at all? Can these two broken people drawn together by their sizzling hot attraction see beyond their pain and their need for vengeance and find the trust they will need to survive a vicious drug lord's wrath before it's too late?

Part 2
Vengeance is all Blake Walker has lived for....until he met her. She will bring him to his knees but will it be in passion or pain?

Part 3
Blake has discovered Kara's true identity and with it the past that has haunted him for two years will be recreated. She is everything that will destroy him and the only one who can save him.

Part 4
Kara and Blake will face the ghosts of their pasts, but will those ghost destroy them or forever bind them?
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #1112
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Oh and NIXLAPI, Like Blossom said, Thoughtless takes awhile to get into. And believe me, you will get SOOOO frustrated, especially in this first book, but the story and characters DO blossom and grow. There were a few times I was so frustrated with her that I had to take a break for a bit. But seriously, IIRC you like your rockstars too, and this is one of the few I have read more than once, and will re-read again. For me it's tied right up there with Mighty Storm, ah, maybe even more, I don't know, I just loved it. We all like different things, but I think you might want to give this one a few more pages.. JMHO
Well I'm glad to hear to hear it started slow for you too... ok, you ladies have definitely convinced me to keep at it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Goodreads users are calling it censorship but I call it moderating a site.
Yikes! Sounds like good practice to me too, just gone about a bit backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Julie James first two books just didn't work for me. But I have a friend who insisted I give her another try and gifted me one of her FBI/US Attorney books which I loved. I promptly purchased all the others (before agency pricing ended ). I would recommend all four of those.
I got the first in that series as a kindle freebie sometime back - I will definitely be moving it waaay up the TBR!
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #1113
Lush
Connoisseur
Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Kindle 3, KPW, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
I agree I liked the new and future months tabs better.

For new releases, you have to click on the line you want in the list that appears in the right column.
I am also unhappy with the new site. There is no synopsis for upcoming releases, although an exerpt is provided (haven't found it overly helpful yet).
What is really making me angry though, is that after buying from the Harlequin ebook store for 7 years, as an Australian, they will not allow me to buy ebooks from the new site.
I have never hidden that I am shopping from Australia in the past, but as soon as I entered my address into the new combined paper & ebook site, I became persona non grata at Harlequin. I've been banished to the Mills & Boon Australia site.

Last edited by Lush; 09-30-2013 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #1114
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I think what impressed me so much with the Kellen Kyle series is how much Character development there is. How can I start a book reading about a couple who I hate and by the second book fall in love them and by the third think it's once of the best love stories I've ever read even when the beginning of their relationship goes against all my moral codes. It's just brilliant how the author pulls this off.
I absolutely agree, and it's one of my all-time faves, thanks again to you!

Quote:
Oh wow I will give the gist of the Goodreads Debacle. On the 21st Goodreads announced new Guidelines for Reviews and Shelf behavior. They deleted 21 users shelves and reviews. It blew up in their face and a mass exodus happened. Alot of mean trolls left which was one good thing that happen. They went over to Booklikes and Librarything but alot of good people left too. Goodreads has tried to fix the mess by apologizing saying they would no longer delete without prior notice and it seems the STGR Blog is using this as opportunity to get their agenda accomplished by reporting all the reviewers they consider mean.

As for the new guidelines you can no longer talk about an author on your review it must be about the book. And yet everyone gets upset over this?!? Your shelves must not be about an author's behavior or anything nasty. Now the shelves rule was much needed. There is whole thread in our News forum if you want to know. Just know that Goodreads is going through some huge growing pains as the moment so if you start to see some people angry and leaving 1 star reviews take it with a grain of salt.

Goodreads users are calling it censorship but I call it moderating a site.
Thank you for explaining it. I read a little bit in the link provided. I didn't want to bring it up at the time, but the whole Shey Stahl/plagiarizing fiasco bothered me, only in the sense that I absolutely loved her book 'Waiting for You" and had been waiting for the release of her new book "For the Summer". I was disappointed and saddened. But hey, it's not like I don't have other stuff to read!
As for Goodreads, well, some of the stuff people post is horrible [wishing authors to die, etc.], which is why I stay away from all the drama when I can and try to only read about new books etc. I have enough drama IRL, don't need to go looking for it online!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #1115
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lush View Post
I am also unhappy with the new site. There is no synopsis for upcoming releases, although an exerpt is provided (haven't found it overly helpful yet).
What is really making me angry though, is that after buying from the Harlequin ebook store for 7 years, as an Australian, they will not allow me to buy ebooks from the new site.
I have never hidden that I am shopping from Australia in the past, but as soon as I entered my address into the new combined paper & ebook site, I became persona non grata at Harlequin. I've been banished to the Mills & Boon Australia site.
That's awful! It's surprising how Harlequin just keeps shooting themselves in the foot (IMHO).

I haven't shopped on Harlequin.com since I realised I could get much better deals via Kobo coupons (or free via the library!). Plus the Harlequin "sales" are just drive me bonkers when a "30%" off sale is actually only 10% (or whatever it works out to) off their "our price". As if any e-tailer actually charges the full list price.
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #1116
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free @ Amazon

The Purloined Heart
by Maggie MacKeever
(The Tyburn Trilogy)
Traditional Regency Romance
Author wrote for Zebra and Fawcett

Hot Secrets by Lisa Renee Jones
(Tall, Dark, and Deadly 01)
Note: She is one of my favorite authors. I'm currently buying everything I can get from her backlist.

All The Blue of Heaven
by Virginia Carmichael
(Colors of Faith)
Inspirational Historical Romance

Indies:

Play With Me by Piper Shelly

Stone Cold by Cheryl Douglas
(Music City Moguls, Book One)
(Grover Beach Team #1)
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #1117
shelle
shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle
Some more free deals at Amazon. . .

Love's Stormy Gale (Heartsong Presents)

Sense of Touch (Music Box Series)

With Strings Attached (Gabriola Island)

shelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #1118
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
The blurb for the 13th Psy-Changeling book (Shield of Winter) is out! Is it 2014 yet?!
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #1119
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Wolf's Haven

ARe's next series give-away. Multi-format, DRM free.

Quote:
Tamara would risk her life to gain freedom. She's finally built up the courage to escape from a world of abuse by the hands of the man who promised her the world. One night she makes a break for it, but her plans backfire. She begins to believe that she was never meant to be happy. When all hope of freedom fades, she stumbles across a wolf that brings her to safety. She learns to trust the wolf, but has yet to trust the man.

Devin, potential future leader of the Caedmon Pack, returns to the foothills of his Virginia home after five long years as a lone wolf. Rivals within the circle challenge him and threaten to strip him of his true birthright. Being bound to lead the pack was not something Devin had planned for his life, but letting his people fall prey to turmoil under the rule of his cousin Darius is out of the question. The night of Devin’s rise to Alpha leader is approaching. Despite opposition, he’s gained an impressive following. That is until he brings a human among the pack.

Tamara can’t deny the attraction she feels toward Devin. The Alpha leader-to-be simply cannot resist Tamara’s lure. When they are together, their tribulations take the backburner. Their desire for one another grows as they consummate their passion in wolf’s haven. Will Devin forfeit the most coveted position within the Caedmon Pack to bond with his chosen mate? Can Tamara trust Devin with her mind, heart, body, and soul or will the memories of her abuse dissuade her from being bound to the wolf?
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #1120
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Well, I dropped in for a minute yesterday but didn't have time to list my buys and reads for the week. I come back this evening and there are pages and pages I need to catch up on! I'm caught up now

First, Loosheesh - I'm so glad you survived your antibiotics

So I went a bit crazy with the 50% coupon... lots of series to fill
I've done the visual report below (I hope it worked - there are some duplicate covers because I made the picture after I broke up the anthologies and those didn't have separate covers of their own).
The total buy was 44 books for $75.52 = $1.72 Not a bad average...right?

Here are my reads - kinda low for me. Too busy buying
True North - Marie Force - 4 Ms Force delivers as always for me
The Wanting Heart - Rionna Morgan - 2 I don't even remember what this one is about without looking it up
Beauty and the Feast - Julia Barrett - 5 LOVED!!! and YUM!!
Accidentally on Purpose - L.D. Davis - 4 Surprised me that I liked it (love triangle - and not in the good menage kind of way)
Worthy of Redemption - L.D. Davis - 5 Not surprised I loved this after liking the first book so much
Friend-zoned - Belle Aurora - 4 - Fun, fast read - dual 1st person POV - this is hard to get used to, at least for me.

A good reading week - only one slightly less than meh.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	09.29.13_1.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	112460   Click image for larger version

Name:	09.29.13_2.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	112461  
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #1121
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
The blurb for the 13th Psy-Changeling book (Shield of Winter) is out! Is it 2014 yet?!
Yay! So excited.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #1122
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Yay! So excited.
Ditto!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #1123
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I've still only read the first one..., Too many good books to read... [yes, I always say, this is a great problem to have] Hope you continue to feel better this week!

Laurla, I think you win this week! Dang girl, that's a great average though. And it does feel so good to get a bunch off your wishlist! I'm reading 'Crave' right now, almost done actually. I'd say so far 3-3.5, pretty predictable but I do love her writing.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #1124
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I am almost done with the G's in my complete Calibre library review/reconvert as needed.

Spent the day finalizing my choices for AAR's Top 100 poll. I know 90% of my books won't make their final list, but I still like to vote. I've got the books decided on but may still fiddle a bit with the order.

Looking through everything makes me want to read/reread all the books
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #1125
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
I just finished Kiss of Snow (4.5), I still have 2 more to go.
The next Guild Hunter is out next month too!
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote