Notices

Old 02-06-2020, 10:52 PM   #1
einkuser
Enthusiast
einkuser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 8th generation, Onyx Boox Nova
Onyx Note+ tap noise

Hello!

I just received an Onyx Boox Note+. I noticed straight away that after touching the screen to perform any function (e.g., turn a page, go home, select an application etc.), I hear a tapping sound (it is slight, but you can hear it). When I put my ear close to the device, I noticed the tapping noise generates a low static sound (like the buzz of an electric current). I thought this might be some form of audio feedback, so I muted the volume, but it made no difference.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is this a hardware issue, or can it be remedied?

Thanks

Last edited by einkuser; 02-07-2020 at 12:39 AM.
einkuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 02:27 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by einkuser View Post
I just received an Onyx Boox Note+. I noticed straight away that after touching the screen to perform any function (e.g., turn a page, go home, select an application etc.), I hear a tapping sound (it is slight, but you can hear it). When I put my ear close to the device, I noticed the tapping noise generates a low static sound (like the buzz of an electric current). I thought this might be some form of audio feedback, so I muted the volume, but it made no difference.
In the Android settings it can be disabled in the Language area - a launcher must be installed for this.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2020, 04:11 AM   #3
einkuser
Enthusiast

Thanks for the feedback. I installed Novara launcher and was able to access the settings. However, in the language area, I couldn't find an option to stop the tapping noise. I tried under the sound and notifications and also wasn't successful (I turned everything off).

Would it be possible to guide me on what I have to do? Thanks.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:21 AM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Android Keyboard, Preferences.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 02:18 PM   #5
einkuser
Enthusiast

Thanks!

I think you mean disabling the tap noise feedback when typing using the virtual keyboard. The click/tapping noise isn't restricted to the keyboard and is generated when interacting with the e-reader, e.g. turning it on/off and interacting with the device via touch. I think it is likely a hardware issue.

Last edited by einkuser; 02-07-2020 at 05:07 PM.
Advert
Old 02-08-2020, 10:51 AM   #6
einkuser
Enthusiast

It seems the clicking noise issue is a hardware issue. Please see here:

http://bbs.onyx-international.com/t/...rd-noises/1057