Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
Rosen
Rosen will become famous soon enoughRosen will become famous soon enoughRosen will become famous soon enoughRosen will become famous soon enoughRosen will become famous soon enoughRosen will become famous soon enough

Device: Smartphone
Support for unicode-encoded indexes?

I'm a newish owner of a Cybook Gen3 Gold. Among my interests is reading ancient Greek texts, and they display quite nicely on the cybook, thanks to its support for unicode text encoding and custom-installed fonts.

I've been trying to build a mobipocket Greek-English dictionary for it (combining the Middle Liddell downloaded from Perseus with a long list of inflections that comes packaged with Diogenes), and I'm having trouble. I've made something that works on Mobipocket Reader PC, but when I try to look up a word on the Cybook it either crashes (namely, when I look up a word from within the dictionary itself) or says "No Result" (when I look up word in a separate ebook).

Based on experiments with other dictionaries, I think the problem stems from the fact that the dictionary's index is encoded in unicode (as it has to be in order to represent the range of Greek characters)--although according to this chart on mobipocket.com, indexes using unicode UTF8 encoding ought to work. Does anyone have experience with this issue?

(I'm running firmware v1.6.)

Thanks for any suggestions or wisdom you can offer,
JR
Rosen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionary, mobipocket, unicode, utf-8