Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
SquareTrade Warranty - 3 Years - $39.99

For those who are interested in an extended warranty for the 900 but didn't purchase one at the time of order...

I purchased one with SquareTrade using coupon code "newyear" for 20% off of $49.99 - coverage amount $399.99.

Last edited by SCION; 01-23-2010 at 07:05 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Great idea, thanks for the tip!
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
olguy
Enthusiast
olguy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily Reader
Thanks for the reminder. And since my wife says I'm the world's biggest klutz I got the dropsy-spilly coverage as well. $67.99 total.
olguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olguy View Post
Thanks for the reminder. And since my wife says I'm the world's biggest klutz I got the dropsy-spilly coverage as well. $67.99 total.
Yes, you can't beat $35 for Accidental Damage!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:18 PM   #5
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I never buy extended warranties just on general principles, but does the wording on this one actually cover accidental damage? That seems like a guaranteed way for them to lose money.

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 09:09 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm200 View Post
I never buy extended warranties just on general principles, but does the wording on this one actually cover accidental damage? That seems like a guaranteed way for them to lose money.

Robert
The Accidental Damage and Handling is separate from the standard coverage. When you get your quote and checkout, there is an option to purchase Accidental Damage coverage in addition to the standard coverage for which the quote was given.The Accidental Damage coverage has a $50 deductible. There is no deductible for the standard coverage.

I understand not purchasing extended warranties in general. It's just that the 900 has a higher price point and the manufacturer's warranty is only 90 days labor and 1 year parts.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:17 PM   #7
olguy
Enthusiast
olguy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I understand not purchasing extended warranties in general. It's just that the 900 has a higher price point and the manufacturer's warranty is only 90 days labor and 1 year parts.
I really bought the extended warranty so I could get the ADH. I have been known to drop things.
olguy is offline   Reply With Quote