Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 06-06-2016, 02:13 PM   #1
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
"Freebies" subforum request

Is there any chance at all of splitting the "media" Sticky? The last two weeks have been dominated by discussions of Classical music downloads, a category I frankly could't care less to read about.

(Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Classical music, it's just that the products being offered are awful. It's the genre that sounds WORST in compressed files. If I want to listen to classical music for free, I'll check out CD's or records from the library).

Thanks for any consideration,

Curt

Last edited by curtw; 06-06-2016 at 02:18 PM.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:08 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quick question,
What kind of music do you like?
If you find a freebie in the genre of your preference, please post it.
Some of us like all the music together.
Makes it easier to find.
Oh and an amusing thing, the poster that does the classical music also posts freebies from other genres.

Now I wouldn't say awful but classical is usually much better on a high end stereo or in concert.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 06-06-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2016, 04:18 PM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Is there any chance at all of splitting the "media" Sticky? The last two weeks have been dominated by discussions of Classical music downloads, a category I frankly could't care less to read about.

(Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Classical music, it's just that the products being offered are awful. It's the genre that sounds WORST in compressed files. If I want to listen to classical music for free, I'll check out CD's or records from the library).

Thanks for any consideration,

Curt
I'm sorry, no. We're going to leave the Media sticky as is.

There are a lot of considerations, not limited to we already have too many stickies, the Media sticky doesn't get enough posts to warrant being split, and ultimately that this is a forum for reading and a media sticky is already a concession.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:57 PM   #4
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Quick question,
What kind of music do you like?
If you find a freebie in the genre of your preference, please post it.
Some of us like all the music together.
Makes it easier to find.
Oh and an amusing thing, the poster that does the classical music also posts freebies from other genres.

Now I wouldn't say awful but classical is usually much better on a high end stereo or in concert.
I like almost all kinds of music, with the exceptions of Japanese Opera and 21st-century "country." If most folks want to find all music in the same thread, I'll stop making waves. I was just bothered by the predominance of posts for music in an inferior format As an analogy, I'd probably also gripe and request separate threads if a bunch of the free ebooks were all PDF's made from scans of paper copies.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:06 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
I like almost all kinds of music, with the exceptions of Japanese Opera and 21st-century "country." If most folks want to find all music in the same thread, I'll stop making waves. I was just bothered by the predominance of posts for music in an inferior format As an analogy, I'd probably also gripe and request separate threads if a bunch of the free ebooks were all PDF's made from scans of paper copies.
Unless there were like 40 or more posts of free pdfs a day then nope the mods shouldn't do anything.
Now if you want a thread that meanders and wanders and is just plain fun click here.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143018

Please post there. Every post is a winner. Next big win at 90,000. Come join the fun.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert