Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-13-2008, 01:40 PM   #1
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Query: Getting Title to Appear How You Want It To Appear

Or, more to the point, how I want it to appear.
I've put a few books on, sourced from Feedbooks and here, and transferred them onto my Cybook via Mobipocket Reader.
Now, while Roman Empire appears as:
"The Decline And Fall Of The Roman Empire
Gibbon, Edward"
as it does on MobiReader, Wilde shows as:
"Wilde_Importance Being Earnest"
even though I've amended it on MobiReader.
What/where do I have to change to get it to show as:
"The Importance of Being Earnest
Wilde, Oscar"
or am I stuck with it because that's what it was uploaded as?
(I'm very pernickity about that sort of thing, particularly as it'll effect how easily I find what I want to read).
Thank you!
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
When you modify the metadata using Windows MobiPocket Reader the changes go into the .mbp file. What you need to do is get the metadata changed in the original .prc or .mobi file. The Mobiperl command mobi2mobi will do this, and it even has an option to use your changed .mbp files to get the new info. Note that you don't need Perl to run the "binary" version under Windows, and there is a separate GUI (Mobi2Mobi v0.13 - GUI for Mobiperl tools).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2008, 06:26 PM   #3
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Several hours later and I'm getting there.... slowly.....
Old 07-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
Mindy
Away with the Faeries

Not quite there, but nearly. Author seems to be working but only some of the titles are being picked up?
And whenever I use the mobi2mobi GUI I get ther error message:

"Windows - No Disk
Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 Parameters 0x7596023C 0x83732D5C 0x7596023C 0x7596023C"

popping up with the options Cancel, Try Again or Continue. No matter what I hit it keeps doing it over and over unless I restart my PC.
Any ideas?
Many thanks
Old 07-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Not quite there, but nearly. Author seems to be working but only some of the titles are being picked up?
Is the title metadata failing to change in the ebook, or the changed metadata failing to have an effect on the Gen3?

On some DRMed ebooks you may have to modify the updatedtitle, but I would not expect that of DRM-free ebooks - see exth type, exth data. I don't even know if the Gen3 keys on the updatedtitle (as the Kindle does).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2008, 05:27 PM   #6
Mindy
Away with the Faeries

Never mind, noob mistake, was using an old version
Now working on getting rid of the No Disk error message
Old 07-14-2008, 05:48 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Never mind, noob mistake, was using an old version
Now working on getting rid of the No Disk error message
You need to put in the disk!!!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:02 AM   #8
Mindy
Away with the Faeries

Yes, yes, very good.
Have narrowed it down a bit and it actually seems like it only happens when I link up my Cybook or my SD card (via card reader) but not when I use any other USB device like my USB memory stick or my iPod. I always use 'Safely Remove Hardware'.
Have found a website which suggests a few possible fixes, but might email Bookeen and get their take on it since I can't tinker around again till I finish work tonight.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:21 AM   #9
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
[QUOTE=Mindy;214624]Not quite there, but nearly. Author seems to be working but only some of the titles are being picked up?

Can't help you with the error message, but I was told in another mobi2mobi thread that one needs to convert prc files to mobi, and then change the author and title fields on the new mobi file.

I've also been told the one can change the author and title fields by right clicking on the file when in the mobipocket reader, then clicking on properties. A window will appear with the fields available for change. But it doesn't always work.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:24 AM   #10
Mindy
Away with the Faeries

Thanks Alex. I managed to get the GUI working fine by using the right version LOL!
Bookeen told me to try reformatting my card, which I did, but it didn't solve anything and I was getting the same error when I connected the Cybook alone without the card.
Think I might also have solved the error message by disabling and then re-enabling all the external (not C) drives last night, but not sure yet whether it's a temporary or permanent fix. Fingers crossed.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:18 AM   #11
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Can't help you with the error message, but I was told in another mobi2mobi thread that one needs to convert prc files to mobi, and then change the author and title fields on the new mobi file.
That if it is true os only for the GUI. With the command line mobi2mobi you can do it directly.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:53 AM   #12
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
That if it is true os only for the GUI. With the command line mobi2mobi you can do it directly.
Thanks, Tompe. It looks as though I'll have to summon up my courage and try to get the command line/Perl version going.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:52 AM   #13
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
When you modify the metadata using Windows MobiPocket Reader the changes go into the .mbp file. What you need to do is get the metadata changed in the original .prc or .mobi file. The Mobiperl command mobi2mobi will do this, and it even has an option to use your changed .mbp files to get the new info. Note that you don't need Perl to run the "binary" version under Windows, and there is a separate GUI (Mobi2Mobi v0.13 - GUI for Mobiperl tools).
Do I understand the implication of the above quote correctly: that the .mbp file isn't used in the Cybook? Or that it isn't "transferred" using the mobipocket desktop app?

I currently use mobipocket desktop and mobipocket on my palm. I use the same .mbp files on both so that my bookmarks are carried across platforms. Is there no possibilities of doing this with Cybook? (I don't have mine yet...but it's coming)

Since I'm asking, how about "reading lists"? I use this feature on my palm and my desktop. I believe reading list information is also stored in the .mbp. Can I use this feature on the Cybook?
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:15 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Bookmarks do get transferred; it's just metadata that doesn't. Don't know about "reading lists", I'm afraid.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #15
Mindy
Away with the Faeries

Since Cybook doesn't support folders, I would guess not.
Although, I haven't tried it, since I didn't think it would do anything LOL.