Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-09-2012, 01:20 AM   #1
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Saving to disk issues

I have finally worked out how to save out the epubs I have to author directories, but NOT putting the books in their own folders... I have not worked out how to have the metadata info saved into the file. I thought i had, by telling Calibre I did not want opf files, but when I uploaded then, to Sugarsync, and test downloaded a book, I found that the only thing in the info was the cover. None of the book info.

It might be an issue with Sugarsync, it might be an issue with not allowing folders for each book, or perhaps theres been a change in Calibre which wipes it out entirely, in recent versions, I haven't done it for a while and last time I did, it was fine.

Anybody?
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:56 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Without you telling us what steps you are actually doing it is difficult to guess what might be going wrong!
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Without you telling us what steps you are actually doing it is difficult to guess what might be going wrong!
Save to disk-->uncheck Save Cover Separately, uncheck Save metadata in OPF file. Upload to desired site.

This used to work to save both cover and metadata to the book file. I thought I had books in dropbox with the info but I dont. I guess really the only way to retain that is to run a calibre catalog, or get the books by wifi from your home computer. darn.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 11-09-2012 at 06:57 AM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Save to disk usually updates cover and metadata in an epub as long as they are defined properly in the original epub. But the metadata in the epub inside calibre is not updated to update that you should use epub modify plugin it can also fix epubs where covers are not defined properly so you could use that before saving to disk.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote