Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-15-2014, 02:25 PM   #1726
Friedelxt
Friedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura (not hd), kindle "schokowhite" pw2
Quote:
Originally Posted by atleon View Post
The "original" JBPatch by Ixtab doesn't work with firmwares higher than 5.3.2 so you'd better ignore the first message of this thread. To hyphetation support I'd recommend you to use the "Hyphenate this!" plugin of calibre, I use it and it works perfectly .
You mean i have to let run this on all the books and resend it to my kindle?
I heard its only working on epubs?
Friedelxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 03:33 PM   #1727
atleon
Enthusiast
atleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Yes, you have to apply the plugin to the ebook before sending it to the kindle. It works with epub but also with azw3.
atleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #1728
Friedelxt
Friedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura (not hd), kindle "schokowhite" pw2
Quote:
Originally Posted by atleon View Post
Yes, you have to apply the plugin to the ebook before sending it to the kindle. It works with epub but also with azw3.
Thanks!

But....cloud syncing is not working with azw3.... So no hyphenation :-((
Friedelxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:06 AM   #1729
SCrid2000
SCrid2000 began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The usual reason:
The package you placed on the Kindle is not for that model Kindle/version of the software.

I.E: Packages are both signed and "model locked".

You can look up the first four characters of your Kindle's serial number to see what our name for your model is:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
I know I have the paperwhite 2, and I downloaded the correct bin for it.
My serial does start with 90 rather than B0 though, could that be the reason why the bin disappears when I disconnect the USB?
SCrid2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:09 AM   #1730
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yup, JBPatch never was released for the PW2.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2014, 05:06 AM   #1731
Mrsevic
Mrsevic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 st gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
Temporally hack for Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4-5.4.4.2 and Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation 5.4.2-5.4.3.2 with "English (United Kingdom)" interface:

Paperwhite
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_534.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_535.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_536.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_538.zip (also works on 5.3.8.1)
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_539.zip
update_fonthack_0.4_pw_544.zip
update_fonthack_0.4_pw_5441.zip (also works on 5.4.4.2)

Paperwhite 2
update_fonthack_0.4_pw2_542.zip (also works on 5.4.2.1)
update_fonthack_0.4_pw2_543.zip
update_fonthack_0.4_pw2_5431.zip (also works on 5.4.3.2)

- The changed size of a font at reading mobi-books (Mobi-drawing-en_GB.jar)
- The changed size of a font at reading kf8/azw3-books (HTMLReader-impl-en_GB.jar);
- The changed size of a font in the panel of search (Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar);
- The switched on reflow-mode for pdf-documents (Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar);
- The changed margins at reading mobi/kf8-books and pdf-documents (ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar);
- The reduced height of the bottom progressbar (ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar).

More details in a Readme_eng.txt file...
Thank you very much for adding PW1 5.4.4.2 fw. Unfortunately, after succesful installation i get the following log:
Start install: Thu May 22 09:57:07 EEDT 2014
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/Mobi-drawing-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: check: Skip: /mnt/us/Mobi-drawing-en_GB.jar not found.
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/HTMLReader-impl-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: check: Skip: /mnt/us/HTMLReader-impl-en_GB.jar not found.
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: check: Skip: /mnt/us/Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar not found.
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: check: Skip: /mnt/us/ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar not found.
Complete install: Thu May 22 09:57:13 EEDT 2014
Start install: Thu May 22 10:10:13 EEDT 2014
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/Mobi-drawing-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: check: Skip: /mnt/us/Mobi-drawing-en_GB.jar not found.
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/HTMLReader-impl-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: check: Skip: /mnt/us/HTMLReader-impl-en_GB.jar not found.
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: check: Skip: /mnt/us/Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar not found.
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: check: Skip: /mnt/us/ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar not found.
Complete install: Thu May 22 10:10:19 EEDT 2014

I do not know but I am not seeing any changes whatsoever. My UI language is UK. And FW is 5.4.4.2.

Thx in advance

P.S I forgot to read your previous post. Obviously install on 5.4.4.2 version is not working.

Last edited by Mrsevic; 05-22-2014 at 05:19 AM.
Mrsevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:28 AM   #1732
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
@Mrsevic: Let me guess you copied the folders to your Kindle ,, not just the content (.jar files) of those folders? You need to copy installer bin file and copy the .jar files from both Margin folder and one of the font size folders (try 2_16-30).
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:58 AM   #1733
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Mrsevic
Quote:
Skip: ... not found
RTFM!!!
Copy not all folders - only necessary folder contents!
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #1734
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I love it when the answer's in the quote/code block of the same message a question is asked ^^.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #1735
Mrsevic
Mrsevic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 st gen
Sorry, I completely forgot about that. Sorry again
Everything works gr8 now. Just one more question. I noticed that some books in text only mode display all letters and some do not just becase some encoding is serbian and other is croatian. Is there any converter that'll do this part of job for me?
Mrsevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:05 AM   #1736
SCrid2000
SCrid2000 began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Yup, JBPatch never was released for the PW2.
Oh geez, of course.
Thanks for pointing that out, and not mocking my idiocy at the same time lol
SCrid2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:41 PM   #1737
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Mrsevic: Making sure everything is proper UTF-8 should help (provided the script is covered, which should be the case for most non-complex Latin/Cyryllic/CJK scripts).

Any decent text editor should be able to do the job (or iconv and other tools like that in unixland).
Old 05-24-2014, 02:28 PM   #1738
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
@NiLuJe: I think @Mrsevic is talking about problem with PDF files when read in "text-only" aka text-reflow. It is definitely problem with some "funny" character encoding used in that particular PDF file because Kindle default fonts cover necessary unicode range for croatian, serbian latin and serbian cyrillic.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:14 PM   #1739
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@shamanNS: Oh, okay, my bad, I thought he meant plaintext .
Old 05-28-2014, 06:18 PM   #1740
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Oh wow, I really screwed the pooch and need some help.

I replaced /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/ReaderSDK-impl.jar via ssh (USB, not wifi). I'd done this several times before without incidents, but this time I messed up somewhere because now I get the "your kindle needs repair" screen.

I did back up the original .jar, but now how do I get in to restore the file?

eeek! Help!
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks