Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
Carriebear
Polar Bear
Carriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Nook Color (rooted), iPod Touch (jailbroken)
Reverting Manual Nootered NC back to stock

Right, I need a bit of help.

I recently manual-nootered my NC. I'm not certain what happened, but the other day when I booted it up to read, I'm stuck in a boot loop at the rainbow "Nook Color" screen. (It'll get to Nook Col-, then stop and loop again.)

All the information I've found on this particular loop says that I need to revert back to stock. However, I have no idea how to do that and there are many different sets of instructions out there.

Can someone refer me to the best, simplest set of instructions for reverting back to stock?

Thank you so much.
Carriebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
Carriebear
Polar Bear
Carriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchfork

Never mind I followed the instructions here and it restored me perfectly.
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 02:53 AM   #3
jenniren
Nook Newb
jenniren began at the beginning.

Device: Alienware MX11, Droid 2, Nook Color
Are you going to re-root? I put mine back to stock and I have to admit, I want to re-root! Just not sure what the best/most stable way to re-root is. First time I followed a you-tube video and it was a piece of cake, but now not really sure which is the best verison or how to do it even....
jenniren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
Carriebear
Polar Bear

jenniren - I had an sdcard still with a somewhat outdated version of CM7 on it and so I'm using that. I can't seem to get 7.1 to run on my Nook. If you're interested in it, taosaur has a simple method of how to run CM7 from an sdcard here.