Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Books have disapeared from my Kindle Account

I just logged on to my amazon account and on going to the "manage your kindle" page, my list of purchased items has disapeared. I have all of these books backed up and with DRM removed, so is not a major issue in practical terms. However I am not happy that this has occurred.
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
I'd be interested in seeing how this story develops... I've always been wary of Kindle's invisible umbilical cord
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianon View Post
I just logged on to my amazon account and on going to the "manage your kindle" page, my list of purchased items has disapeared. I have all of these books backed up and with DRM removed, so is not a major issue in practical terms. However I am not happy that this has occurred.
Do you still see your Kindle listed on the page? Is your country still listed correctly? I think have read that people who pop between their home country and the U.S. to buy books will see only the books purchased while signed into that particular country. If you don't normally change countries double check to see if it has been changed accidentally.

Last edited by daffy4u; 02-05-2010 at 10:40 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:41 PM   #4
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

No nothin ghas altered, I am in my Australain page. It doesn't amter which store I have purchased form (US or AUS) they all normaly are seen in the same page. When I logged on before, all books had disapeared. I have sent an e-mail to Amazon requesting an explanation. Hopefully it is merely a technical glitch and they will return to the page.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No nothin ghas altered, I am in my Australain page. It doesn't amter which store I have purchased form (US or AUS) they all normaly are seen in the same page. When I logged on before, all books had disapeared. I have sent an e-mail to Amazon requesting an explanation. Hopefully it is merely a technical glitch and they will return to the page.
Probably. Once the had glitch and had no record of the 3 Kindles and iPod Touch I had registered to my account (I wasn't the only one it happened to that day). It was cleared up within hours.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:15 AM   #6
sianon
Addict

Just checked my account and all books are back where they should be.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:45 AM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Good!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Excellent! Thanks for letting us know.