Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 07:39 AM   #1
Hobohodou
not such a "badguy" =/
Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3/Bebook + Zune HD
Glitches on V1.5

Hmmm, I updated to 1.5 and the folder support is very nice, works well for me so far...just use PDF still...so no problems...
However, I don't use Optimal refresh, and this causes problems with 1.5 it seems...happens when I do this...strangely doesn't happen for me if i use optimal refresh...

Quote:
Connect to usb -> Disconnect -> back to library view, I can see the USB logo in the background still... all text is overlapped -> select an item -> Logo's etc are still in the background -> change page -> logo's / UI is still overlapping in the background...
Just wondering if anyone else has found any glitches on 1.5

Last edited by Hobohodou; 01-01-2010 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Spelling errors suck
Hobohodou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
When you say it is in the background, does it appear with full contrast or is it dimmed (and probably in negative). If it's the second, that's just the normal ghosting of e-ink screens, and that's what the "optimal refresh" is there to prevent.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
Hobohodou
not such a "badguy" =/
Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3/Bebook + Zune HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
When you say it is in the background, does it appear with full contrast or is it dimmed (and probably in negative). If it's the second, that's just the normal ghosting of e-ink screens, and that's what the "optimal refresh" is there to prevent.
It's full contrast, it fades away after about 10-20 page turns, it's not the normal ghosting, it's a full black/greyscale image left behind...

The normal ghosting was absolutely fine, this however, is an image of a USB connector hovering in the background like so...
sorry for the bad quality of images...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	example.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	42271   Click image for larger version

Name:	example2.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	42272  
Hobohodou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
graypal
graypal began at the beginning.

Device: cybook opus, kindle paperwhite
Hi there.

I do not like the optimal refresh as well so I tend to turn it off.

I get the image just like you, but if I turn the refresh on, and then turn it off again the image does disappear.

I can then read about 40-50 pages before I turn the refresh on and off again.

I do like the way that you have a choice on the opus to have the refresh on or off as it does distract me when it is turned on and I am reading.

GRay
graypal is offline   Reply With Quote