Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 02:37 PM   #16
CribQuilter
Enthusiast
CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I know that mobileread has been a huge help in me choosing my reader and aiding me in finding some great free reads and exploring new genres I never would have known about before.

Congrats guys on a great site!!
CribQuilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:45 PM   #17
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Debates are encouraged, some do get heated - but thankfully they do remain civilized...
Spam is, also, not allowed to breed....
I saw this as Spam and bread.... yummmm.....
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:49 PM   #18
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Great! Our plans for world domination are showing results.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #19
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
D'you know how hard it is to actually breed spam beasts in captivity?
No, actually, I don't - do tell ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:46 PM   #20
pcmedic
Enthusiast
pcmedic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
This is a great site. You guys moved from being on the fence to getting excited about getting one, and evangelizing to everyone I know about how great they are.

David S.
pcmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:03 PM   #21
AuPhinger
Aficionado
AuPhinger began at the beginning.

Device: Rags to Riches - K1, K2, 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
D'you know how hard it is to actually breed spam beasts in captivity?
I understand that Hormel has the patent on the Spam genes...
AuPhinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:06 PM   #22
AuPhinger
Aficionado
AuPhinger began at the beginning.

Device: Rags to Riches - K1, K2, 500
I have belonged and do belong to a number of very diverse email lists and a few forums over many years. Based on the short while I have been here, I place MobilRead in the same category as WordReference.com, an absolutely phenominal language forum.

Congrats, folks!

Gene / Magoo
AuPhinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:59 AM   #23
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuPhinger View Post
Based on the short while I have been here, I place MobileRead in the same category as WordReference.com, an absolutely phenomenal language forum.
I know, I'm there too. So I guessed you wouldn't mind my correcting you
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:43 AM   #24
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmedic View Post
This is a great site. You guys moved from being on the fence to getting excited about getting one, and evangelizing to everyone I know about how great they are.

David S.

I am sure you realise how painful it is to try and sit on the fence for more than a short space of time ....
Old 02-24-2009, 11:40 PM   #25
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I am sure you realise how painful it is to try and sit on the fence for more than a short space of time ....
Depends on the fence.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:40 PM   #26
GeoffC

At the rate the membership is rising, there will soon be more members than threads......
Old 02-27-2009, 02:50 PM   #27
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
And the lucky guy is...
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:13 PM   #28
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
i like most of you but there isn't enough room here for a 300 person party plus friends less stag less those washing their hair, plus rug rats, maybe 5 total, who'll bring the beer?
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #29
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
i like most of you but there isn't enough room here for a 300 person party plus friends less stag less those washing their hair, plus rug rats, maybe 5 total, who'll bring the beer?
I can't do beer, but I can do wine coolers! Peach okay?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:59 PM   #30
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I can't do beer, but I can do wine coolers! Peach okay?
that's just peachy, now we need about a quarter million shrimp for shrimp cocktails
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote