Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-21-2011, 04:15 AM   #1
jarretttt
Banned
jarretttt began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
K3 wifi upgrade question

how do i know if the 3.3 update download has started?

I had my kindle 3 wifi on for several days now, still no update. I wonder if has started download or not. anyone who successfully updated via wifi maybe could tell, when it starts to download, is it just silently happen in the background or there's a prompt or progress bar indicating the download process?

Last edited by jarretttt; 10-21-2011 at 05:50 AM.
jarretttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:24 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's silent. The first you'll know about it is when you get a prompt to update the firmware.

You can always download the new firmware manually if you're keen to have it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:56 AM   #3
jarretttt
Banned
jarretttt began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's silent. The first you'll know about it is when you get a prompt to update the firmware.

You can always download the new firmware manually if you're keen to have it.
where is the update file (via wifi) downloaded to? supposed it's downloading in the background and I'm not aware of it, what's gonna happen to the half downloaded file when I decide to manually update.
jarretttt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3.3 update, kindle 3, wifi