Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #181
JosephG
JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Many LCD & e-paper devices
Hello Linter,

I am working for Mantano, maybe I can help :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linter View Post
i downloaded the trial version, imported a book, am trying to open it but only get the message that the trial version has expired and do i want to buy the full version now?
uhm, not yet!

can anyone help me fix this? i do have my tab online while trying to use M.

thanks!
Which version did you install? From which market? This should not happen since the 1.2.3 release. The latest version is 1.2.4.

You can directly contact our customer support from the "Settings / Help / Submit request" section. You can access it thanks to the "settings" button, at the bottom right corner of the Library panel (or top right corner if you have a Honeycomb tablet) .

Best regards,
JosephG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #182
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruss View Post
I think they're working on it for a future release.
It is not really 2-page display but two columns display in landscape format is implemented now. I tried it again today and it is in, you just have to lower the font size a bit and the normal landscape then changes to two columns. That is good enough for me and I really like what they have done with this app so I bought it.

Bon travail, continuez !
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #183
linter
linter began at the beginning.

Device: craig
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephG View Post
Hello Linter,

I am working for Mantano, maybe I can help :-)

Which version did you install? From which market? This should not happen since the 1.2.3 release. The latest version is 1.2.4.

You can directly contact our customer support from the "Settings / Help / Submit request" section. You can access it thanks to the "settings" button, at the bottom right corner of the Library panel (or top right corner if you have a Honeycomb tablet) .

Best regards,
Let's see ... I installed 1.2.4 from google marketplace.

should i work with you to try to resolve this or should i go to customer support through the settings you mention above?

thanks! linter
linter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #184
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I downloaded the trial app again. Wow, what a difference a couple of months has made since I last tried it. Will fully evaluate over the next few days. My primary use is for ePubs.
My evaluation didn't take long. I'm switching from Moon+ Reader (paid version). The user interface is attractive and intuitive. The feature set is outstanding, including the implementation of export capable notes and highlights. The app is well worth the price. Thanks for the quality.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:36 AM   #185
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
I've been saying that the app is not fast enough. It seems that there're some issues with my SD card. After changing to another one, the responsiveness seems to have improved.

Of course, I could still use some speed improvements. : )

BTW, Adobe just released a preview version of Digital Editions (1.8), which uses a newer version of SDK and is able to handle the graphics, which are not displayed under Mantano as I've mentioned earlier.

Cheers.
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:29 AM   #186
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
It is indeed a good app. Almost perfect. Worth the money imho.
Have I not found it, or is there no night mode on the pdf reader part of it ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #187
p1s70s
p1s70s began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Have I not found it, or is there no night mode on the pdf reader part of it ?
At present there is no theme support for PDFs as far as I can tell, which means there is not a "night mode," since night mode is a theme and would be found under that menu.
p1s70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #188
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Night mode is tricky for pdf documents. This format, by definition, should show the document as it was created. Ezpdf reader, another good one, has night mode but only in reflow mode (which usually doesn't work for my technical books).
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:44 AM   #189
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
OMG....I don't know how I didn't see this before...but I "THINK" I might have found a new reader other than the stock B&N reader. We'll see.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:47 AM   #190
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
Night mode is tricky for pdf documents. This format, by definition, should show the document as it was created. Ezpdf reader, another good one, has night mode but only in reflow mode (which usually doesn't work for my technical books).
APV (which I'm one of the developers of) has several color modes for pdf documents that do nightmode. The simplest and fastest just reverses the colors. For your usual black on white document, that works, though photos look funny when reversed, since the colors change. Another version first converts to grayscale, then reverses. That avoids the weird colors. The version I use most of the time, even in daytime, converts to grayscale, then replaces the white-to-black range with a black-to-green range. Typical black on white documents show up as green on black. Photos of course will be a bit off, but the books I read are mostly text. (And of course there is red on black for when you want to maintain night vision.)

This is extremely easy to implement using Android's ColorMatrixColorFilter functionality. You just put the color transformation matrix in the paint object you pass to Canvas.drawBitmap() (if memory serves).
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:02 AM   #191
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After messing around with it....yeah...this is replacing my "stock" B&N reader on the Nook Color.

Now the only question I have is there an ability for the App to connect to my Calibre Catalog and download/import from there?
Old 08-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #192
Apoc
Connoisseur
Apoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookC with CM7 (eMMC)
On a "heads-ups" from Scion, I started to evaluate Mantano and I already like it a lot. I have one issue that may or may not be a deal breaker at the end of the trial.

What I don't like, is that a casual slide on the screen may change the size of the font. Annoying. I usually set the font size once and then forget it. Is it possible to have this as an option rather than a "feature?"

Or maybe there is a setting that I have overlooked that takes care of that. Any mention in this would be appreciated.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #193
jhempel24
Wizard

I have not run into that. Where om the screen?

The only slide I can find is to change the brightness.

Only thing I don't like is the screen timeout seems to be long. I fall asleep reading sometimes, and it seems to he on for a while if I just sit there.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:21 PM   #194
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I have not run into that. Where om the screen?

The only slide I can find is to change the brightness.

Only thing I don't like is the screen timeout seems to be long. I fall asleep reading sometimes, and it seems to he on for a while if I just sit there.
Have you unchecked "Screen always on" in Settings? Mine is unchecked and the screen goes off after 5 minutes of no touching.

Last edited by SCION; 08-09-2011 at 07:29 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #195
sherbs
Enthusiast
sherbs can extract oil from cheesesherbs can extract oil from cheesesherbs can extract oil from cheesesherbs can extract oil from cheesesherbs can extract oil from cheesesherbs can extract oil from cheesesherbs can extract oil from cheesesherbs can extract oil from cheese

Device: Eee Pad, Galaxy S2
Any chance you could add user defined Categories under Filters so I could separate my novels, technical books and magazines?

While I'm at it, any chance you could reset the trial periods so that those of us that have trialed before can take another look since all the recent changes?

Thanks.
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote