Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-08-2017, 09:08 AM   #1
Oibgzfka2
Oibgzfka2 began at the beginning.

Device: K13
Arrow Resetting a jailbroken KT3

Hello there.

I'm selling my KT3 and I want to clean its memory beforehand, leaving nothing behind. What I don't know is what will happen if I use the reset option, considering the device is jailbroken—will it brick it or something?

Moreover, is there a way to "un-jailbreak" it? And which folders/files must I remove in order to remove all addons I've installed after jailbreaking it, to remove anything tying the device to me before selling?

Thank you.
Oibgzfka2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:16 AM   #2
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
To unjailbreak it do this.
1. Use reset button. This will remove your data, and remove the "hotfix".

2. Reinstall the current Amazon firmware for your device. Thos will remove the jailbreak. Now that the hotfix is gone.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2017, 09:20 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Of course, the USB storage on FAT-32 still has a (deleted) copy of everything you ever put on it.

So if you have something vital (your banking records maybe?) on it, use a secure erase tool on the USB storage.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cleaning memory, kt3, un-jailbreaking