Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
no offline viewing of Prime videos? :(

So I am getting the new Kindle Fire HD and I am already taking advantage of Amazon Prime Instant Video with my Playstation 3.

I was very disappointed to see that you can't download the "free for prime members" videos to watch offline when you have no internet connection.

I'm not sure why they don't allow it....it could just work the same as a rental where it stops working after 48 hours....or even 24 hours.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's why it's described as a "video streaming service".
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
It's because of the DRM. It would only cut in their profits, because instead of buying/renting the movie, people would download it to their hard drives, strip the rights, and do it again and again with everything. All the music renting sites failed for this very reason.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
It's because of the DRM. It would only cut in their profits, because instead of buying/renting the movie, people would download it to their hard drives, strip the rights, and do it again and again with everything. All the music renting sites failed for this very reason.
I guess that's true but it isn't much different from people paying $2 to rent it and stripping the DRM within those 48 hours.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
I guess that's true but it isn't much different from people paying $2 to rent it and stripping the DRM within those 48 hours.
But Amazon still made an additional profit there, which is the difference. If you have to pay $2 every time you wanted to do that, it stops people from taking advantage of the Prime membership just to do that. Not only that, but the service would be overloaded with people downloading crazy amounts of stuff just to do that.
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
This is on the website:

Quote:
You can also watch videos offline by tapping Download, which saves the video to your Kindle Fire. You can choose to download either SD or HD from your Kindle Fire HD device. To pause or cancel your download, tap Options, and then choose the desired option.

After your video is downloaded, you can watch your title, even without a Wi-Fi connection, by tapping Watch Now.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
This is on the website:
Well it looks like that problem has been solved!
Old 09-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
Jessica Lares
Wizard

That is only for purchased content, not any of the prime eligible videos.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
What She said.

Amazon Prime is just like Netflix or Hulu Plus. It's streaming video only.

I have purchased a few episodes from Amazon and those do download to the Kindle Fire.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #10
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
My bad! Thanks for the correction!
Old 09-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #11
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
one smalll positive is Prime will buffer most or all of a show or movie for us memebers. I noticed this recently. For all I know it's always done so but I have been focusing my rage (faux at best anyway) toward Hulu-Hulu+ mess.

So, while I was disappointed in the inability to download Prime membership content at least the current show will buffer pretty much in total. As long as you don't shut down or whatever it won't lose that buffering. I do seem to rememver my investigation showed if the web connection is gone too long it will stop plyaing and popup a note that it cannot play w/o a connection. But at least it gives time to run to the*video room with the ceramic seating so as to not break the continuity.

I still was bummed about not being able to watch any paid content I downloaded over a month prior to a vacation where I knew there was zero chance of any sort of web connection. Now that issue is a huge one for me. But live & learn or be reminded the lesson that never have corporations been about the customer.

OK, back to alternating days bettween watching Buffy for the first time (yup, never watched the series before) and BSG the newest series again.

Oh, I think something that is nice about the new buffering from Amazon is it makes watching when you have a slow connection possible most of the time. It will buffer and though it can be an hour between espiodes it's better than not. If it only had the more adaptive streaming of Netflix here in the US it might be even better. I am not a video snob for my small devices. Besides it's more often than not for the noise and audio than the pictures. So even 240p is nore than good enough for me on my KF. Heck even on my laptops it's fine.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #12
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
So I am getting the new Kindle Fire HD and I am already taking advantage of Amazon Prime Instant Video with my Playstation 3.

I was very disappointed to see that you can't download the "free for prime members" videos to watch offline when you have no internet connection.

I'm not sure why they don't allow it....it could just work the same as a rental where it stops working after 48 hours....or even 24 hours.
Actually I think it depends on the title. I can download "Dark Shadows" episodes, and they're in the Prime library.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #13
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
I've downloaded a few free Prime videos - not so sure most aren't limited to SD quality though?
Old 01-13-2014, 11:30 AM   #14
connie2000
Connoisseur
connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire HD 6", PW2, sony 950, Fire Phone, kindle fire HDX 9, Huawei Mate
Go to the Video Tab, then Settings (3lines). Scroll down to Prime Movies to Download. It includes HD. You can download the quality Good, Better or Best.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
Please do not resurrect ancient threads. Start a new thread if you want to comment on the same topic.

Thank you.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread