Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 07:34 AM   #121
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That sounds like the image wasn't written to the card properly. An unpartitioned 8GB card would probably show as 7.4GB in most tools. Did you run the tool as an administrator?

It could mean the card is failing. You can try another card and see if that works.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:37 PM   #122
claudioc
claudioc began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That sounds like the image wasn't written to the card properly. An unpartitioned 8GB card would probably show as 7.4GB in most tools. Did you run the tool as an administrator?

It could mean the card is failing. You can try another card and see if that works.
Hi David, thanks for your attention, I really appreciate it
the failing card is the first suspect for me, too.
tomorrow morning I will buy a new one and I will retry.
one doubt: as soon as windows will detect the new card he will ask for formatting it.
should I follow the recommendation of Gergith to do not format the new card and to flash it with the image "as is"?
please, if you have still patience with me, let me know if suggestion.

thanks again.

Last edited by claudioc; 11-18-2019 at 12:39 PM. Reason: missing info
Advert
Old 11-18-2019, 12:38 PM   #123
claudioc

forgot to confirm: yes I ran it as administrator
Old 11-18-2019, 01:55 PM   #124
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
It will make no difference if you let windows format the card; the image that you write to the card will overwrite everything on the card, including the existing formatting.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:02 PM   #125
claudioc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
It will make no difference if you let windows format the card; the image that you write to the card will overwrite everything on the card, including the existing formatting.
thanks Peter for your appreciated reply.

tomorrow I will try and inform about the results. (hope to be lucky)
Advert
Old 11-19-2019, 05:05 PM   #126
claudioc

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudioc View Post
thanks Peter for your appreciated reply.

tomorrow I will try and inform about the results. (hope to be lucky)
WOWOWWWW!!
it worked, finally!: I used a brand new, 16 gb, class A card.
flashed it with the Image received by David (thanks David, great support from you) by using USBImage: everything went OK this time.
reallocated with “MiniTool® Partition Wizard Home Edition" as instructed by Gergith (and thanks to you, also, good guy, for such a pefect tutorial.
Now My clara HD is rebirth and ready for many more hours of wonderful reading.

thank you to all of the magnificent people found here.
if it will happen that you come to Italy, near Milano, please, let me know: I'm in debt of a good bottle of wine

regards to all of you.
Old 11-20-2019, 02:45 AM   #127
Yangshuo
Yangshuo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage
I need link download image sdcard for clara. Please help me!
Old 11-20-2019, 05:00 AM   #128
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:56 AM   #129
frozen clara
frozen clara began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Unhappy Clara HD frozen screen on language menu + Image please?

Hello, I've recently bought a second-hand Kobo Clara HD from Warehouse deals and when turned on, the screen is irresponsive. I can't do anything, even after trying soft reset and manual reset nothing happens, because no menus appear. I can push and hold the power button for as much as I want, but nothing happens.

Can I have an Image to make my ereader work please? (and what I need to do in order to load the image)
Old 11-25-2019, 06:05 PM   #130
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

And for instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. It is for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools needed are the same.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:22 PM   #131
dansk
dansk began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
Clara Bricked

Hi,

I too have a bricked Clara. Tried resetting, didn't work. If someone can send me the image, i would be grateful.

Thanks
Old 12-07-2019, 10:12 PM   #132
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@dansk: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:49 PM   #133
PlatypusRex
PlatypusRex began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hi, can I get the SD card image as well? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:27 AM   #134
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:38 AM   #135
dansk
dansk began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
Hi Davidfor,

PM's are enabled for me now (looking for Kobo Clara image)
Thanks
Closed Thread

Tags
frozen, image, issue