Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
Pato
Pato began at the beginning.

Device: PSP, Jwin 700
JWIN 700 from Jointech

Well, seems that my brand-new JWin 700 was bricked few days after I received it. I didn't do anything special except reading manga on it and testing a few video format on it which is terrible, switch it off as usual before I go to sleep and the next day it won't boot anymore.

I have the power light and nothing else. If I plug in the charger ,I get a charging light too. The screen won't turn on, and there is no sign of activity when I connect the device to a PC. Seems like a true brick.However, the back of the device is warm. the engine still running?

The reset button doesn't help, soft reset,hard rest. Switching on without battery but connect to power source. Take out memory card, hold button, everything that You can imagine of.

I emailed the support stuff and they said the device needs to open to change one jumper setting for upgrading. Is this true? Can't I just flash with the firmware or least going backward flash it with JE200 software? or turn it into android? I'm not a techie guy, so help in this matter greatly appreciated.

Right now, I don't fancy the idea of sending back the device to them. It is so much of a hassle. But, I'm still waiting feedback from the support since they said they're trying to find a way to upgrade without sending back to em.

Cross fingers guys..
Pato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Pato

7 days and nothing from Jointech. Not even a single email! I even sending em email every 2 days asking the status of my case.

This really getting on my nerve. Anyone here can give me a light to my misery? Please, it is a heart wrenching seeing the device lay down motionless wasted.

Thanks
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
cris000
cris000 began at the beginning.

Device: jwin 700
Red face

Join the club bro.Thing is mine still boots but all of a sudden ive lost my jtos file and all i get is windows ce straight from boot with no end of missing files instead of the proper main menu as b4,the home screen i think they call it.
Dont know wat 2 do either as the jointech website is a joke,there aint nothin 2 it.All the stuff u might need like the important stuff just isnt there lol joke ay m8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cris000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
Pato

Moved on bro. I use the device as a charger for my secondary E71 battery only.lol.

Using Ipad and Galay tab P1000 now and never bother to look at those oems and china made tablet again.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:18 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
My JE100 is still working like a charm... Mostly these oems are a hit and miss gamble.

(I only need to replace the battery, it's running out...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert