Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-05-2022, 05:28 PM   #121
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Not as of yet, no.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 04:57 PM   #122
oldman20
oldman20 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Not as of yet, no.
what does it mean? Im looking a solution for my device!
oldman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2023, 07:55 PM   #123
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm pretty sure no still means no?
Old 11-06-2023, 03:11 PM   #124
Hightree
Enthusiast
Hightree began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Yep, there's no dedicated diags partition, so that doesn't work.
Hi NiLuJe,
How can we determine if Kindle has a dedicated diags partition?

Does Paperwhite 5 has diags partition?
MRPI for Rescue pack gives error.
Hightree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 04:35 PM   #125
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
@Hightree PW5 doesn't have that diags partition and RP can't be used on that.
shamanNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2023, 02:23 PM   #126
Hightree
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
PW5 doesn't have that diags partition and RP can't be used on that.
I believe mmcblk0p3 is DIAG Partition on PW5.
Its empty though.

RP seems to be hardcoded to mmcblk0p2 now, which is why it doesn't work on PW5.
Looks like an easy fix for PW5?
I don't know how to rebuild a package though yet.
Old 11-08-2023, 02:29 PM   #127
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightree View Post
Its empty though.
Trying to boot to an empty partition sounds like a great idea.
Old 11-08-2023, 05:41 PM   #128
Hightree
Enthusiast

Quote:
Trying to boot to an empty partition sounds like a great idea.
Of course one cannot boot to an empty partition.

Isn't the purpose of RP to install stuff and make a partition bootable?
Or DIAG partition should already be bootable from factory?
Why RP is needed if there were already bootable DIAG partition?

There's also 2 bootloader partitions, one may be for DIAG partition (for the last I'm just guessing).
Old 11-09-2023, 01:53 PM   #129
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightree View Post
Of course one cannot boot to an empty partition.

Isn't the purpose of RP to install stuff and make a partition bootable?
Or DIAG partition should already be bootable from factory?
Why RP is needed if there were already bootable DIAG partition?

There's also 2 bootloader partitions, one may be for DIAG partition (for the last I'm just guessing).
Because "bootable" doesn't necessarily imply "can easily be booted into" or "can be usable once booted into". The RP/CRP fixes both of that by allowing one to actually boot into it, and by ensuring one has SSH access once in there (and that said diags won't nuke that on reboot).

But it very much has to exist, be populated and in a generally working condition to begin with.
Old 11-10-2023, 01:33 PM   #130
Hightree
Enthusiast

Quote:
But it very much has to exist, be populated and in a generally working condition to begin with.
I got your point, thank you.

Have you (or anybody else) seen DIAG image for PW5?
I unpacked PW5 firmware update, couldn't find a DIAG image there.