Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-27-2024, 09:05 AM   #1021
QQRush
QQRush began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo clara colour
just arrived the clara color,
unfortunately the one-click script T_T doesn't work
QQRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 01:06 PM   #1022
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I've just posted updated binaries that *might* actually behave on the new set of devices (*might*. It'll take the kernel sources to confirm that).

That's as far as KFMon/FBInk is concerned, at least. Neither KOReader nor Plato currently support any of the new devices.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2024, 11:49 AM   #1023
jrjove
jrjove began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxi S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I've just posted updated binaries that *might* actually behave on the new set of devices (*might*. It'll take the kernel sources to confirm that).

That's as far as KFMon/FBInk is concerned, at least. Neither KOReader nor Plato currently support any of the new devices.
I comfirm KOReader is not working on new Clara B/W

Regards
jrjove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 02:53 PM   #1024
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is anyone with a Libra Color willing to give KOReader a go?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 04:18 PM   #1025
theflamelord
theflamelord exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovertheflamelord exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovertheflamelord exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovertheflamelord exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovertheflamelord exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovertheflamelord exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovertheflamelord exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovertheflamelord exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovertheflamelord exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovertheflamelord exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovertheflamelord exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Already have. It just restarts the device when you try to launch it
theflamelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2024, 09:15 PM   #1026
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unhappy

Quote:
Everything works installation wise, but when I bring up the Koreader icon from the new menu it shows a prompt and then does nothing
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 05:20 AM   #1027
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerem0ny View Post
Everything works installation wise, but when I bring up the Koreader icon from the new menu it shows a prompt and then does nothing
How are you running KOReader? I would run it from NickelMenu as I don't know if KFMon actually works. If you are trying via KFMon, please try via NickelMenu. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2024, 09:34 AM   #1028
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
How are you running KOReader? I would run it from NickelMenu as I don't know if KFMon actually works. If you are trying via KFMon, please try via NickelMenu. Thanks.
Isn't the "new menu" that cerem0ny mentioned NickelMenu? KFMon doesn't have a menu, does it?
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 09:42 AM   #1029
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Isn't the "new menu" that cerem0ny mentioned NickelMenu? KFMon doesn't have a menu, does it?
Maybe. It's been years since I used KFmon. I dumped KFMon after I found out it had to be reinstalled every firmware update.
Old 04-30-2024, 03:02 PM   #1030
barsanuphe
Connoisseur
barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2, Kobo H20, Kobo Aura One
My brand new Clara BW is now waiting for KOReader. Thanks to everyone who will make this happen!
barsanuphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 06:03 PM   #1031
jrjove
jrjove began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxi S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by barsanuphe View Post
My brand new Clara BW is now waiting for KOReader. Thanks to everyone who will make this happen!
There is a provisional fix here until it's uploaded on next version

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ent-2086336158

Regards
jrjove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 04:06 AM   #1032
azw409
Connoisseur
azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.

Device: Solar powered Kobo Touch running Android, Onyx M96C, Likebook Mars
I just tried the MacOS install script for Plato on the Libra Colour and it works ok. Unfortunately if I select Plato from NickelMenu or the Plato Book icon, the device freezes and needs a reboot to get it going again.
azw409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 04:25 AM   #1033
barsanuphe
Connoisseur
barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2, Kobo H20, Kobo Aura One
Neat, I see there's a pull request in progress, I'll wait until it's merged
barsanuphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 06:03 PM   #1034
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Yes, the new NickelMenu menu.

Sorry I am ghastly at computer stuff so it’s hard to describe, but yeah, a new menu appears in the NickelMenu on my kobo when I do the one click install of koreader. I press it and then press on Koreader, I get a prompt with a smiley face at the end (forget what it says exactly, cute) and nothing happens.
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 09:01 AM   #1035
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerem0ny View Post
Yes, the new NickelMenu menu.

Sorry I am ghastly at computer stuff so it’s hard to describe, but yeah, a new menu appears in the NickelMenu on my kobo when I do the one click install of koreader. I press it and then press on Koreader, I get a prompt with a smiley face at the end (forget what it says exactly, cute) and nothing happens.
New? NickelMenu is not new. Neither are the menu entries for KOReader and/or Plato.

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato