Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 12-30-2022, 12:04 PM   #16
PUIB5376
PUIB5376 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue likebook Mars T80D
Hello,
I followed your recommendations. I removed the magnetic case and slightly bent the eReader but I had no defects in the display of the screen.
I am using internal storage and there is no SD card inserted.
PUIB5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 12:44 PM   #17
PUIB5376
PUIB5376 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue likebook Mars T80D
Likebook Mars T80D: Dysfonctionnements écran tactile

Hello,
The touch screen no longer responds, neither when using the Boyue book reader (Zreader), nor when moving through the various menus of the system.
To get back to normal operation, I have to put it to sleep, and if that's not enough, I have to restart the system. Although I have carried out a factory reset several times, this fault is more and more frequent and makes it impossible to use this reader.
Attached is a screenshot with version numbers and a video highlighting the touchscreen malfunction. I specify that, in reality, the display of the characters is good, it is only the video compression to reduce the download size that degrades the display.
Thanks for your help.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Likebook Mars T80d_Versions.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	342.9 KB
ID:	198680

Likebook-Mars-T80D_Pb-écran-tactile.avi
PUIB5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2022, 02:08 PM   #18
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUIB5376 View Post
The touch screen no longer responds, neither when using the Boyue book reader (Zreader), nor when moving through the various menus of the system.
Does it also happen when the device is connected to the power supply?
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 03:17 AM   #19
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
I did the Android 8.1 update on my Alita and although it worked it isn't worth the risks. Maybe forget the Boyue e-reader software and try a couple of the free to download apps. I am using Librera to read epub files and it hasn't given me any issues. If that doesn't work out see if it's possible to revert back to Android 6.0. I suspect that may be much harder than the "upgrade."
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 09:12 AM   #20
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I have also been having trouble.

My touchscreen periodically freezes and goes unresponsive. The touchscreen also detects false taps just below the upper right corner. If I leave it in the app menu, it sooner or later opens the app management menu without me touching it. If I'm reading a book, it spontaneously adds bookmarks, and then freezes.

I had used a magnetic case, but removed that several days ago.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2023, 11:54 AM   #21
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Try cleaning the screen?
My Mars T80D seems OK, but I hardly use it. Only for library here in Ireland. I mostly read on a a Kobo Sage.

It wouldn't connect to the Internet, but that was because the date had reset due to battery having gone flat.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 05:22 PM   #22
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It got a lot worse after the 8.1 v3.1.1 firmware update. I wonder if there's a way to revert to 8.0 and see if that helps.

P.S. I need the Floating Ball, so can't go back too far. I can't use Facebook or the German site because they don't work without being able to log in.

Last edited by MarjaE; 10-16-2023 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-17-2023, 02:08 PM   #23
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I doubt it's the FW version. I couldn't figure out the floating ball.

It should be illegal to do support on a social media site rather than a forum or their own website. Shows lack of judgement & penny pinching.

Kobo is the only gadget I know where you can go back a version or two. Likely to end up with a brick trying it with Android.
Old 11-18-2023, 04:16 PM   #24
MarjaE
Guru

I did a factory reset.

It worked perfectly for a few days. But now it's breaking down again, in the *exact* same ways as before. It keeps going unresponsible, and when it is responsive, it keeps shifting taps on the upper right corner down a bit.

I want to at least finish the novel I'm reading before another factory reset.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:55 PM   #25
airbus02
Enthusiast
airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle pw3
My Mars is now 5 years old so I’m not that upset, but my screen goes dark, as in completely black. The “normal” screen brightness level returns every now and then, but it’s very intermittent. Is my LCD dead or is it a firmware problem? I’m willing to accept the possibility that the Mars simply died, but it was working just fine a few days ago. FWIW, I’m still running Android 6.
airbus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 05:11 PM   #26
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Sounds like the backlight controller.
Old 04-02-2024, 01:57 PM   #27
Jinz
Enthusiast
Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Likebook Mars, Imcosys V6l, Trekstor Pyrus
Intermittent weird fault? Maybe it got rattled too much and something came loose. I got a padded case for mine, so far it's been fine.
Jinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 01:15 AM   #28
airbus02
Enthusiast
airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle pw3
is there anything I can do to fix the backlight controller? I assume it's part of of the motherboard.
airbus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 03:08 AM   #29
Jinz
Enthusiast
Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Likebook Mars, Imcosys V6l, Trekstor Pyrus
I don't know what is actually wrong with it, but it's going to be like a random phone repair requiring adequate micro soldering equipment. Someone experienced with phone repairs might be willing to take a shot at it.
Jinz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boyue, malfunctions, mars t80d, update