Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2011, 03:13 AM   #1
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
T1 in Australia

My husband's T1 was delivered this afternoon and is charging up as I write. So if there are others in Oz who pre-ordered and are waiting for it to come, it should be on its way!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:50 AM   #2
oldgold
oldgold began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Mine was despatched last Friday (7 October) from N.S.W. and it's slated to arrive on the 17 October (West Australia). Think they found the slowest snail.

Shame it doesn't arrive as quickly as did my husband's new GPS which was sent from Brisbane (Queensland) last Monday and landed on our doorstep the next day in the afternoon (and we live an hour's drive from Perth) .. we're still picking our jaws up from the floor.

Cheers
oldgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2011, 06:01 AM   #3
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Mine is supposed to get to me here in West Oz by the 14th but as it is still listed as dispatch pending, I do not think that is going to happen. Perhaps next week.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:38 AM   #4
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
My friend picked hers up at the Sony Centre in Sydney on Sunday. Now I want one.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #5
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Where'd you all order yours from?

Nevermind. I found them on the Sony Store Australian website

Last edited by Laura81; 10-10-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
sabredog
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Best place at the moment to order. Free postage for Sony store members as well
Old 10-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
anthoreader
anthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony PRS-T1 or Kindle Touch
Sydney store has it in stock however I pre-ordered on the 5th Oct from the online store and it arrived yesterday, despite the online status stating that it's currently on 'BACKORDER'. White model.

This is my first e-reader but I've used a Kindle and can't fault it's integrated Amazon store, as opposed to the Sony model which only supports US and Canadian stores out of the box - for that I am slightly dissapointed since there are various links directly on the ereader to the Sony ebookstore (which doesnt exist in Aus) and Google Books that are broken because I dont live in either country.

But the thing's very light and supports ePub, which is good for our local libraries.

BTW I called the Sydney store and they said accessories (covers with inbuilt light) will come in sometime next week)

Last edited by anthoreader; 10-10-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: grammar
anthoreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #8
Notrite
Enthusiast
Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PB360+
does anyone know if sony.com.au uses auspost or couriers?
Notrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #9
oldgold
oldgold began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Via courier, would have preferred AusPost -

http://tinyurl.com/3ukv89z
oldgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:30 PM   #10
Notrite
Enthusiast
Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PB360+
Thanks oldgold, i found out that they use Allied couriers, but i do believe auspost is more efficient and reliable.
Notrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:21 AM   #11
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
According to another thread (about getting Kobo Touch in Australia, but now looking at and comparing it with the Sony PRS T1), both are now available through JB Hi-Fi. Only $1 difference in the price Sony is offering however, but if anyone doesn't want to wait to get their hands on one, it could be worth checking out.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #12
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
I discovered tonight that they are also for sale at Target
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:06 AM   #13
sabredog

Had a play with the T1 at JB last week. Very fast and very light
Old 10-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #14
bibliobean
bibliobean began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Kindle 3
I ordered my T1 through the Sony Store and received it last week (wasn't given a tracking number... no matter).

Noticed that when connecting to the Sony Reader Store there is a 'coming soon' message. Anyone know when they are likely to launch it? Or can Aussies buy from the US Sony Reader Store (via a PC)? I seem to recall one needed a US address to do so.

regards

Laura
bibliobean is offline   Reply With Quote