Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-30-2023, 09:11 PM   #1
jhagri
jhagri began at the beginning.

Device: none
Did you submit an eBook on Issuu?

I have been seeing Issuu for many years; it is growing rapidly.

Some of you published your eBooks on Issuu as well?

What I think that it can be a great platform to sell eBooks on the internet if done well.

Personally, I published some pdf files based on certain electronic products; these .pdf files are ranking higher in Google but I don't see traffic as well.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
jhagri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 06:01 PM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhagri View Post
I have been seeing Issuu for many years; it is growing rapidly.

Some of you published your eBooks on Issuu as well?

What I think that it can be a great platform to sell eBooks on the internet if done well.

Personally, I published some pdf files based on certain electronic products; these .pdf files are ranking higher in Google but I don't see traffic as well.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Uhhh...isn't that a flipbook site? Not an eBook site?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 05:25 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I never heard of Issuu.

Better Known:
Amazon (over 90% of English Language worldwide)
Nook (Barnes & Noble)
Tolino (Really Rakuten/Kobo)
Apple
Kobo
Scribd
Flipkart?
D2D/Smashwords (who redistribute to Apple, Nook, Kobo, Scribd and libraries, basically all the main retailers apart from Amazon & Google)
Google/Alphabet's Android PlayStore, Playbooks.

Edit from Wikipedia
Quote:
Issuu converts PDFs into digital publications that can be shared via links or embedded into websites. Users can edit their publications by customizing the design, using templates, or adding links and multimedia to the pages of their documents. Issuu also provides tools for measuring and monetization of content.
PDFs are an end use and convertibility varies between poor or not at all unless OCR & proofing is done. PDF is for producing paper print, print replica or paper preview. Occasionally online or electronic form submission (but a web page is better). PDFs are not true ebooks. Real ebooks reflow but are paginated so as to give a book reading experience on any screen from 2″ and upwards, with any screen resolution.

I think the Issuu documents only work online or on their own app (iOS and Android) and I suspect it needs an iPad or Android tablet.

I imagine Pearson and similar technical publishers might like it if the DRM is good. I'd avoid this platform even for technical material.

Last edited by Quoth; 06-04-2023 at 05:34 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 05:37 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I never heard of Issuu.

Better Known:
Amazon (over 90% of English Language worldwide)
Nook (Barnes & Noble)
Tolino (Really Rakuten/Kobo)
Apple
Kobo
Scribd
Flipkart?
D2D/Smashwords (who redistribute to Apple, Nook, Kobo, Scribd and libraries, basically all the main retailers apart from Amazon & Google)
Google/Alphabet's Android PlayStore, Playbooks.
You left out eBooks.com.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 09:49 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You left out eBooks.com.
Sorry!
So I did. They (ebooks.com) are also better known than Issuu and sell real ebooks for offline consumption.

It's not a complete list.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote