Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-20-2023, 06:35 PM   #241
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyclonei View Post
On the the weighted versions of ChareInk6 & ChareInk6P, there are quite a few visible artifacts as attached.

Any chance for a fix?
Sorry, but no. That requires editing the actual characters.

But given that you have a Kobo, you can use the unweighted version(s) and add weight using the Aa menu.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 06:52 PM   #242
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Hey Jon, while reading on a Kindle with Chareink, I noticed this. The a and u seem much closer than I normally see. Is this on purpose for au? Just curious. AU of course is the elemental symbol for gold.

[changed to attachment]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	b795152f93f40839bb406ee75cbb6d9a.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	201505  

Last edited by pdurrant; 05-12-2023 at 03:50 AM.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 07:47 PM   #243
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
Hey Jon, while reading on a Kindle with Chareink, I noticed this. The a and u seem much closer than I normally see. Is this on purpose for au? Just curious. AU of course is the elemental symbol for gold.

Here is the same book on my Kobo Libra H2O. It seems to render better. Very interesting.
[changed to attachment]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	187e658daeeb7626a5628373d23407fa.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	201506  

Last edited by pdurrant; 05-12-2023 at 03:51 AM.
Old 05-12-2023, 05:28 PM   #244
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post

[changed to attachment]

Use the non-weighted version on your Kindle and up the weight with the Kindle firmware. See how that goes. Also, the SP version works well on a Kindle.

Also, are you using the version 6 for your Kindle? I did fix some of the kerning with version 6. The original version does have some noticeable kerning problems.
Old 05-12-2023, 05:39 PM   #245
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The versions of ChareInk based on Charis SIL version 5 have been removed. All that's left is the versions of ChareInk based on Charis SIL version 6.

So if you are using the old version, I suggest you download and use one of the new versions.

Also, you want to use the hinted version for a Kindle.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-12-2023 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-12-2023, 09:36 PM   #246
kyrilson
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The versions of ChareInk based on Charis SIL version 5 have been removed. All that's left is the versions of ChareInk based on Charis SIL version 6.

So if you are using the old version, I suggest you download and use one of the new versions.

Also, you want to use the hinted version for a Kindle.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try!

Old 06-01-2023, 04:11 PM   #247
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
The new SP6 is very nice. It may become my second favorite font (the unweighted version; I always add weight with the controls on my readers).

Thank you, Jon!
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 04:33 PM   #248
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
The new SP6 is very nice. It may become my second favorite font (the unweighted version; I always add weight with the controls on my readers).

Thank you, Jon!
The weighted version works well on an LCD screen such as my iPhone, laptop, Surface Pro 2, etc. where I am unable to add weight.

I'm glad you like SP6. Have you tried it with ePub on your Kobo? You may find that large gaps between words to be mostly non-existent.
Old 06-01-2023, 04:43 PM   #249
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm glad you like SP6. Have you tried it with ePub on your Kobo? You may find that large gaps between words to be mostly non-existent.
Yes, I tried it with both epubs on my Libra and kepubs on my Sage.
Old 06-01-2023, 05:52 PM   #250
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Yes, I tried it with both epubs on my Libra and kepubs on my Sage.
How did you think it did without hyphenation with ePub?
Old 06-01-2023, 06:10 PM   #251
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
How did you think it did without hyphenation with ePub?
Pretty well. Of course epubs don't do so bad without hyphenation anyway; it's kepubs that have issues with word spacing when hyphenation is turned off. But yes, fonts with narrower spacing help too, in both cases.
Old 06-10-2023, 01:39 PM   #252
FulciLives
Connoisseur
FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (2017 Model)
My understanding is that I would want to use "ChareInk6SP NoWeight" for a Kindle. For the record, I have the Kindle Oasis (2nd version / 9th generation). There appear to be two versions of ChareInk6SP NoWeight. One says Hinted. Which do I use?
FulciLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 05:32 AM   #253
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FulciLives View Post
My understanding is that I would want to use "ChareInk6SP NoWeight" for a Kindle. For the record, I have the Kindle Oasis (2nd version / 9th generation). There appear to be two versions of ChareInk6SP NoWeight. One says Hinted. Which do I use?
For a Kindle, you want to use the hinted version.
Old 08-05-2023, 02:54 AM   #254
Duke5127
Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
For a Kindle, you want to use the hinted version.
Which version of CharInk6 should I use in my Kobo Libra 2? ChareInk6 Weight, ChareInk6SP NoWeight, or CharInk6 NoWeight? There's also ChareInk6 Weight and ChareInk6SP Weight
Duke5127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 05:57 AM   #255
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke5127 View Post
Which version of CharInk6 should I use in my Kobo Libra 2? ChareInk6 Weight, ChareInk6SP NoWeight, or CharInk6 NoWeight? There's also ChareInk6 Weight and ChareInk6SP Weight
ChareInk6SP NoWeight, and you can add weight with the Kobo controls as you like.