Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-23-2018, 11:28 AM   #41941
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Ah, yes. I have an ultraviolet ~10" tube lamp (plugs in) and have learned that sometimes, you really don't want to know. Also, the sprays designed to get rid of the cat pee either (a) have similar stuff in them or (b) remove it by spreading it around as far as you spread the fluid; because after using them, the whole area lights up.
AFAIK, much like Lumalight, UV highlights "protein," doesn't it? So it displays drops of blood, and the like? Or am I confused on that one?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 02:58 PM   #41942
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
AFAIK, much like Lumalight, UV highlights "protein," doesn't it? So it displays drops of blood, and the like? Or am I confused on that one?

Hitch
Well, it certainly is used to show up blood, as well as pet stains. Murder mysteries use it a lot! (Besides, Google said it does. )
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:00 AM   #41943
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
*trying not to think of kitchenette floor*

Thinking of the episode last night and a few, happy-ish alternate endings.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:05 AM   #41944
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Well, it certainly is used to show up blood, as well as pet stains.
And scorpions, according to the text on the packaging of mine. Not that much of a selling point where I am
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:17 AM   #41945
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
And scorpions, according to the text on the packaging of mine. Not that much of a selling point where I am
We use it for that here, lol! (Man, you haven't lived until you've been stung by a Scorpion, lemme tell ya. Damn, that hurts!)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 02:31 AM   #41946
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Luna slept on my bed for the first time last night. I didn't get much sleep, but that wasn't her fault. I was already awake at 2.30am, I had to go to the toilet, when I felt something cold and wet pressed against my face, which was Luna. She first wanted to cuddle for a little bit and then settled down. First she tried to curl up on me, but that wasn't working so she moved next to me. By that time I was fully awake, which sometimes happens after a trip to the toilet at night. Luna behaved perfectly, occasionally she went off to do something, but she came back quickly and quietly curled up next to me. I eventually did kinda doze off, but I'm just not used to having a cat to share the bed with.

When she noticed this morning that I was awake she wanted to cuddle again. I went better than expected, I was afraid she would keep me awake by playing. So I can now keep the catflap open at night.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:18 AM   #41947
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have to meditate... Ugh, still sleepy.

First chess... Crappy chess!

Last edited by trichobezoar; 10-26-2018 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-26-2018, 02:50 PM   #41948
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Luna slept on my bed for the first time last night. I didn't get much sleep, but that wasn't her fault. I was already awake at 2.30am, I had to go to the toilet, when I felt something cold and wet pressed against my face, which was Luna. She first wanted to cuddle for a little bit and then settled down. First she tried to curl up on me, but that wasn't working so she moved next to me. By that time I was fully awake, which sometimes happens after a trip to the toilet at night. Luna behaved perfectly, occasionally she went off to do something, but she came back quickly and quietly curled up next to me. I eventually did kinda doze off, but I'm just not used to having a cat to share the bed with.

When she noticed this morning that I was awake she wanted to cuddle again. I went better than expected, I was afraid she would keep me awake by playing. So I can now keep the catflap open at night.
Sleeping with your cat is like having a living teddy bear that hugs back and purrs!
And in winter - a hot water bottle that stays hot!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 04:22 PM   #41949
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

We're gonna start a MENSAS Y MENSAS group at UNM. It'll be equivalent to MENSA International (the Exceptionally High IQ society), but we won't have to take tests, study or anything. All we have to do is a bunch of pendejadas, hang out, stuff like that. We're in the talking stages right now... It looks like I'm the only one who wants to join.
Old 10-26-2018, 04:28 PM   #41950
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Right now, adjusting to NOT buying an Aura H2O2 this week after doing the maths following the realisation I need new glasses sooner rather than later
Old 10-26-2018, 04:33 PM   #41951
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
We use it for that here, lol! (Man, you haven't lived until you've been stung by a Scorpion, lemme tell ya. Damn, that hurts!)

Hitch
. If I never feel a scorpion sting in my life I doubt I'll lose any sleep?

Where I live may not be the most exciting place in the world, but on the up-side, there's basically no creatures here that will seriously hurt or kill you.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 04:41 PM   #41952
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
. If I never feel a scorpion sting in my life I doubt I'll lose any sleep?

Where I live may not be the most exciting place in the world, but on the up-side, there's basically no creatures here that will seriously hurt or kill you.
Living as I do in one of the few countries without snakes(not even zoos here are allowed them), this is a point I often make about us versus our neighbours on the penal side of the Tasman
Old 10-26-2018, 04:50 PM   #41953
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
Living as I do in one of the few countries without snakes(not even zoos here are allowed them), this is a point I often make about us versus our neighbours on the penal side of the Tasman
Oh yeah, that's a video designed to entice visitors to Australia, ain't it? ( NO! "You Might Accidentally Get Killed" ) Upbeat song, though!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 05:31 PM   #41954
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by trichobezoar View Post
We're gonna start a MENSAS Y MENSAS group at UNM. It'll be equivalent to MENSA International (the Exceptionally High IQ society), but we won't have to take tests, study or anything. All we have to do is a bunch of pendejadas, hang out, stuff like that. We're in the talking stages right now... It looks like I'm the only one who wants to join.
Never met an pendejadas before. But I have met a lot of pendejados. . .
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 05:43 PM   #41955
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Sleeping with your cat is like having a living teddy bear that hugs back and purrs!
And in winter - a hot water bottle that stays hot!
Both of them can purr really loudly. I could hear it even when wearing my earplugs. I didn't sleep much because I was afraid of moving and waking her up. Not that she would care. I've put a fleece blanket next to pillow for her to sleep on, placed in such a way that I'm less likely to disturb her. I'll see tonight if it works or if I have to teach her that's her spot.

I took a nap this afternoon and Luna joined me, she grabbed my hand and hugged it for almost two hours, so sweet. I'm hoping Maru will also decide to join us, either on my bed or on one of the various spots I've created for them.

Their favourite toys so far are plastic bottle caps and the rings attached to them on the bottle (cut open so it can't get stuck on them). Luna tends to lose them underneath shelves she can't get under. Maru is really careful; when she gets closed to a piece of furniture where she can't retrieve the toy underneath from she picks up the toy and takes it to a safer spot.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?