Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 06:20 AM   #1
Kyle Hall
Kyle Hall began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62+
How to Convert then Delete?

I would like to do the following:
1) For each ebook in my library that has a mobi version but not an epub version, convert mobi to epub
2) If possible, put a comment on the file about it being converted
3) Delete all the mobi files in my library

I know I can do number 3 already with calibre, but is there any way for me to do 1 and 2?

Thanks,
Kyle
Kyle Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Kyle,

This is a frequently asked question, and the answer is that automatic deletion after conversion would not be a good or a safe thing for Calibre to do. Conversion does not always work well using default conversion options, and you need to have the original book available in order to repeat the conversion using the appropriate conversion options for the book in question.

Welcome to MobileRead, by the way.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
For 1 put
not formats:"=EPUB" and formats:"=MOBI"
In the searchbar
hit enter and select all and convert.

For 2 make a custom yes/no column before step 1 and after selecting all in step 1 populate the column by making them all yes in the bulk edit metadata screen. Then if any did not convert set them to no. Or check each file individually (which is what I would do) and set the custom column accordingly.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote