Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-07-2016, 03:08 PM   #1
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Aura One: standby mode

I have an Aura One now but the sleepcover is still on pre-order.

The manual says you put the device in standby and awaken it with the button at the back. Yet sometimes it seems to spontaneously awaken when I take it from the table, or to have been awoken and go to sleep when I take it from a bag.

What would this be? Is the button at the back so hypersensitive that you risk setting it off if you put the device in a bag? Or will the sensor that is used for the backlight settings also be used by the sleepcover -- and is *that* so sensitive that it sometimes responds to movements or changes of light? In the sense that it makes the device wake up?

In any case, do other users have the same experience?

(Just curious, not really worried about battery life or anything. Though it would be annoying if the device starts to spontaneously browse through a book I'm reading while it's in my bag!)
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:47 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Is Settings --- Sleep and Power ----sleep cover ---checked on or off? If you are not using a sleep cover, the box should not be checked. I've had that happen to various Kobos, when the box is checked, but not in a sleep cover.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2016, 07:55 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I had mysterious waking and sleeps with my Glo before getting a cover for it. It too me an embarrassingly long time to realise that it was because I was putting it down on my iPad which was in a cover. If I put the Glo on the iPad in the right position, the magnet in the cover was was triggering the sleep and wake in the Glo.

Other than something like that, I don't know. I doubt the light sensor is being used as that would be using some power all the time. The button being sensitive is a possibility. If I had one, the position of it would make it likely for it to be touched if it went into my bag. And I suspect I'd hit the button when pulling it out of the bag.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:05 AM   #4
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Thanks, the sleep cover setting was checked. I assume that was the reason and will report back only if the phenomenon persists now.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:39 AM   #5
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Is Settings --- Sleep and Power ----sleep cover ---checked on or off? If you are not using a sleep cover, the box should not be checked. I've had that happen to various Kobos, when the box is checked, but not in a sleep cover.
Thank you for this tip. Mine was enabled for sleep cover as well.
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2016, 08:17 AM   #6
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
I had this kind of problem when putting my reader on metallic shelves (I have my main library on industrial type metallic shelves in the attic "maid room", and was checking on the calibre catalog which ebooks I had so I could get rid of the paper equivalents.)
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:03 AM   #7
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I had mysterious waking and sleeps with my Glo before getting a cover for it. It too me an embarrassingly long time to realise that it was because I was putting it down on my iPad which was in a cover. If I put the Glo on the iPad in the right position, the magnet in the cover was was triggering the sleep and wake in the Glo.

Other than something like that, I don't know. I doubt the light sensor is being used as that would be using some power all the time. The button being sensitive is a possibility. If I had one, the position of it would make it likely for it to be touched if it went into my bag. And I suspect I'd hit the button when pulling it out of the bag.
LOL, I do things like that all the time. That could explain why my current Aura sometimes has the light on with the sleep cover closed.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote