Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 08-28-2022, 10:34 AM   #1966
chris7iu
chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle 8
Question option nl and nr can not work at the same time

Some book has left note on some page and right note on others. Such as this : https://sethna.lassp.cornell.edu/Sta...mplexity20.pdf

But it seems option nl and nr are mutual exclusive?
chris7iu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 11:28 PM   #1967
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The -nl and -nr are not mutually exclusive. Each one can be applied to any set of pages desired. Typically you would apply -nl to odd (-nlo) or even (-nle) pages and -nr to the other set of pages. E.g. I ran this command on your PDF (limiting the pages processed just as an example):

k2pdfopt -p 47-55 -nro .63,.67 -nle .32,.36 entropy.pdf -o out.pdf -sm

I've attached the results. The drawback is that there are so many notes in the margins that it makes the resultant output a bit jumbled.

Last edited by issybird; 08-30-2022 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Download links to copyrighted material deleted. It’s explicit that the content is freely available for computer access only.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 05:55 AM   #1968
chris7iu
chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!chris7iu is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Thanks a lot! That works!

Is there a way to control the minimum gap between notes? Since, some notes with formula will be splitted apart such as the first one in page 84 (attached).

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
The -nl and -nr are not mutually exclusive. Each one can be applied to any set of pages desired. Typically you would apply -nl to odd (-nlo) or even (-nle) pages and -nr to the other set of pages. E.g. I ran this command on your PDF (limiting the pages processed just as an example):

k2pdfopt -p 47-55 -nro .63,.67 -nle .32,.36 entropy.pdf -o out.pdf -sm

I've attached the results. The drawback is that there are so many notes in the margins that it makes the resultant output a bit jumbled.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-09-03 175335.png
Views:	165
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	196249  
Old 09-03-2022, 02:48 PM   #1969
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The -vb option controls the size of gaps which break apart regions both for the main text and for the notes. There is not a separate control for the notes.
Old 09-04-2022, 03:38 AM   #1970
chris7iu

The -vb option works fine. Now the result is perfect! This tool really helped me a lot! Thank you very much!

Quote:
The -vb option controls the size of gaps which break apart regions both for the main text and for the notes. There is not a separate control for the notes.
Old 09-06-2022, 04:07 PM   #1971
dramroo
dramroo is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!dramroo is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!dramroo is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!dramroo is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!dramroo is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!dramroo is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!dramroo is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!dramroo is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!dramroo is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!dramroo is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!dramroo is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle
Question about GUI cbox

Hello
in GUI there are only 3 crop areas I can select ..
how to use more if the document pages have different layout and I want to set more crop boxes (More than 3) ..
thanks
dramroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 10:20 PM   #1972
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramroo View Post
in GUI there are only 3 crop areas I can select ..
how to use more if the document pages have different layout and I want to set more crop boxes (More than 3) ...
You can use the GUI to determine the crop areas and see how it creates the command-line to implement them. Beyond the three, though, you'll have to run k2pdfopt from the command-line or add the extra crop boxes into the "additional options" box.
Old 10-06-2022, 07:22 AM   #1973
jeff47
Connoisseur
jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo Libre H20
This is amazing! I had long given up on reading scientific articles on my eReader, but the conversion is excellent!
jeff47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 03:30 PM   #1974
Yasuro
Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
How Can I Preserve Embedded Links While Cropping?

I am a K2pdfopt newbie. The more familiarized I am with its feature set, the more impressed I get. It is a truly fantastic tool. Thanks for sharing it with us.

The main purpose of my use of K2pdfopt is to crop PDF files. Most of the time, it does a fantastic job. When I crop a PDF file with an explicit TOC with embedded links to other parts of the same document (as opposed to bookmarks), however, the links seem to get deleted.

Is there a way to work around this?

Thanks!
Yasuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 11:25 AM   #1975
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasuro View Post
...When I crop a PDF file with an explicit TOC with embedded links to other parts of the same document (as opposed to bookmarks), however, the links seem to get deleted.

Is there a way to work around this?
Sorry--I have never made the effort to work on embedded links. There is no work around at this point.
Old 12-04-2022, 03:13 PM   #1976
taddymack
taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo Libra 2
running k2pdfopt on macOS Ventura

I downloaded x86 64-bit 2.53 version and while running from terminal I get segmentation fault.
I remember some time ago there was no problem with a previous macOS version. Has somebody tried successfully this macOS?
taddymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 09:54 AM   #1977
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddymack View Post
I downloaded x86 64-bit 2.53 version and while running from terminal I get segmentation fault.
I remember some time ago there was no problem with a previous macOS version. Has somebody tried successfully this macOS?
Might be the file or options you are using. Can you post more details? PM me if you want.
Old 12-09-2022, 01:41 PM   #1978
taddymack
taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Might be the file or options you are using. Can you post more details? PM me if you want.
k2pdfopt was run without any options (and without an input pdf file), just ./k2pdfopt
I sent PM with the crash report.
taddymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 07:25 AM   #1979
Asterix1007
Asterix1007 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Asterix1007 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Asterix1007 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Asterix1007 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Asterix1007 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Asterix1007 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Asterix1007 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Asterix1007 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Asterix1007 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Asterix1007 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Asterix1007 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
k2pdfopt stops at page 60

k2pdfopt stops converting the pdf once it reaches page 60 of the source file. Any help would be appreciated

Regards,
Asterix1007
Asterix1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 02:45 PM   #1980
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix1007 View Post
k2pdfopt stops converting the pdf once it reaches page 60 of the source file. Any help would be appreciated

Regards,
Asterix1007
More detail, please. Where did you download it from, what version is it, and what OS are you running on? I've seen this on versions that I did not compile.

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools