Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-13-2016, 10:32 AM   #46
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Haley View Post
Aha, you're right. There was a bug where the "date added to CC" was getting confused with the "date changed in CC", meaning the "added" date would be set to the time of the last connection, if any metadata changed. I've now fixed this.
Sorry to be picky, ocupational hazard
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 06:25 AM   #47
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Variety phones/tablets
Sorry for the silence everyone, but we'll have another version to test either end of today or tomorrow! We've got Dropbox cloud connections working now, alongside fixes for the other bugs reported.
Steve_Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2016, 06:52 AM   #48
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great! I use dropbox connection frequently.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:06 PM   #49
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

I've just sent out another version. Unfortunately we found a few big bugs in the cloud connection, so I've had to remove that from the release. Sorry... However, as far as we're aware the rest of the bugs should be fixed now. I'll send another update early next week when we've fixed the issues.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:29 AM   #50
Mike4672
Mike4672 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4, LG G3
The Content Server issue has been fixed. It's working great now.
Mike4672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2016, 04:12 PM   #51
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

The date added has been fixed too. Eagerly waiting the drobpox connection
Old 10-24-2016, 09:32 AM   #52
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Looks like the problem with slower ipad and big libraries is back. I tried doing a wireless sync on my older iPad mini this morning and it crashed. I mailed in the log from the device.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:48 AM   #53
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Looks like the problem with slower ipad and big libraries is back. I tried doing a wireless sync on my older iPad mini this morning and it crashed. I mailed in the log from the device.
Thanks for checking that! We did indeed make a mistake and accidentally re-opened that bug when fixing a different one. (It's to do with reducing the amount of information we send to Calibre when syncing. I reduced it too much in the version that previously worked, and missed out some of the info Calibre actually needed. A colleague then fixed that by putting the whole lot back in, and had a bug in his code that tried to remove the cover thumbnail. The thumbnail causes the problem since it's 100x larger than the rest of the metadata, but wholly unnecessary for the sync process at this point. Anyway, the tech detail doesn't matter really.)
Old 10-24-2016, 02:09 PM   #54
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for checking that! We did indeed make a mistake and accidentally re-opened that bug when fixing a different one. (It's to do with reducing the amount of information we send to Calibre when syncing. I reduced it too much in the version that previously worked, and missed out some of the info Calibre actually needed. A colleague then fixed that by putting the whole lot back in, and had a bug in his code that tried to remove the cover thumbnail. The thumbnail causes the problem since it's 100x larger than the rest of the metadata, but wholly unnecessary for the sync process at this point. Anyway, the tech detail doesn't matter really.)
I figured that you put it back in, just to make sure people were testing.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:37 PM   #55
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer

Cloud connection with Dropbox and One Drive is now in! Those are the two most popular ones on Android by a substantial margin. Since the others are barely used, we'll probably stick with just those two providers. (Last I checked we already worked with iCloud Drive, which is probably even bigger anyway.)

PS: I forgot to increment the version number before exporting, so don't be alarmed when the version available from Crashlytics has the same number as before.

Last edited by Steve_Haley; 10-25-2016 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:16 PM   #56
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

I assume the slow iPad mini bug hasn't been fixed.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:53 AM   #57
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I assume the slow iPad mini bug hasn't been fixed.
Do you you mean the one we talked about just a few posts above? Then yes, I did fix it. I wrote that post after figuring out why it recurred and then fixing it.

If you're talking about a different issue, could you remind me what it is?
Old 10-26-2016, 04:59 AM   #58
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I've checked the dropbox connection and, aside that the first time it connected, I don't know if it refreshed well, the books have appeared and dates and metadata are right.

All this for dropbox.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:21 AM   #59
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Do you you mean the one we talked about just a few posts above? Then yes, I did fix it. I wrote that post after figuring out why it recurred and then fixing it.

If you're talking about a different issue, could you remind me what it is?
The one we talked about. Alas and alack, it still crashes when I try to connect wirelessly. I email the debug log after the crash.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:21 AM   #60
jamie_lord
CC team
jamie_lord began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 6S Plus
Hi guys.

I've just released a new version for testers. It should have fixed the memory leak when syncing on the iPad Mini as well as fixing a bug with the grouping drawer.

If you have anymore issues then please let us know here.

Thanks for testing!
jamie_lord is offline   Reply With Quote