Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-19-2021, 01:06 PM   #1006
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghiid View Post
Is there any way to install Kindle Previewer on an older mac that doesn't support the latest version?
I am not very familiar with Macs.

If the current Kindle Previewer version (3.50) will not run on your system you can try installing an older version. This plugin currently supports Previewer versions as far back as 3.38, released March 20, 2020.

Amazon does not make older Kindle Previewer versions available for download. Finding a copy from a trustworthy source may be a problem. You can try using the Internet Archive Wayback Machine to search for older versions by entering the following download URL on that page:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindlecreate/KindleCreateInstaller.pkg
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 06:30 AM   #1007
raghiid
Connoisseur
raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I am not very familiar with Macs.

If the current Kindle Previewer version (3.50) will not run on your system you can try installing an older version. This plugin currently supports Previewer versions as far back as 3.38, released March 20, 2020.

Amazon does not make older Kindle Previewer versions available for download. Finding a copy from a trustworthy source may be a problem. You can try using the Internet Archive Wayback Machine to search for older versions by entering the following download URL on that page:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindlecreate/KindleCreateInstaller.pkg
I didn't find any version that works, my luck! Really wanted to try kfx, thanks for your help!
raghiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:13 AM   #1008
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.50.0 - 07 Mar 2021

Detect Kindle Previewer versions up to 3.51. Version 3.51 improves conversion of books with nested tables and lists.

Discard extraneous paths when reporting error messages related to EPUB internal files.
Old 03-11-2021, 04:43 AM   #1009
njpig
Connoisseur
njpig began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite3/Oasis2
Can pass "--filter-css color" option to the command line?

Hello jhowell,

When run calibre-debug -r "KFX Output" to convert epub to KFX, is it possible to pass "--filter-css color" option to it?
njpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 09:38 AM   #1010
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by njpig View Post
When run calibre-debug -r "KFX Output" to convert epub to KFX, is it possible to pass "--filter-css color" option to it?
Using the command line interface to the plugin bypasses the normal calibre conversion pipeline so no options are available, other than the few listed in the first post in this thread.

If you want to use calibre's conversion options and also want to avoid the calibre GUI you can instead use the ebook-convert command provided by calibre.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:10 AM   #1011
Manrico
Manrico began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Version 1.50.0 - 07 Mar 2021

Detect Kindle Previewer versions up to 3.51.
Once again, thank you for your work! In my humble opinion, the relationship between the plugin and Previewer would be clearer if the verion numbers are in sync, e.g. if current version of the plugin would be 3.51.0. Possible minor updates to be 3.51.x and the version to jump to 3.52.0 with Previewer 3.52.
Manrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:39 PM   #1012
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manrico View Post
Once again, thank you for your work! In my humble opinion, the relationship between the plugin and Previewer would be clearer if the verion numbers are in sync, e.g. if current version of the plugin would be 3.51.0. Possible minor updates to be 3.51.x and the version to jump to 3.52.0 with Previewer 3.52.
Plugin releases are usually not tied to Previewer versions. I don't want to commit to releasing a new version of this plugin whenever Amazon puts out a new version of the Previewer. Often the changes to the Previewer have no effect on the plugin and I just update to documentation to indicate compatibility without changing the plugin.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I will be keeping the currently version numbering system.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:06 AM   #1013
synecdoche
synecdoche began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I am trying to figure out how to set the defaults for the settings that the KFX Output plugin uses and I can't figure out how.

I want to do three things:

1) Insert a line of extra CSS every time it converts
2) Disable font size rescaling
3) Use the Tablet output profile

Right now it seems like I have to do this manually for each conversion—I can't find an applicable setting in the Calibre output preferences. Disabling font size rescaling and changing the output profile aren't as big a deal to me as the extra line of CSS, which I copy and paste from a digital sticky. But it'd sure save some time if I could use these settings as the default. Is there any way to do that?
synecdoche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:55 AM   #1014
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by synecdoche View Post
I am trying to figure out how to set the defaults for the settings that the KFX Output plugin uses and I can't figure out how.

I want to do three things:

1) Insert a line of extra CSS every time it converts
2) Disable font size rescaling
3) Use the Tablet output profile
Those conversion options are part of the common conversion settings and are not specific to the KFX Output plugin. You can change the defaults for those conversion options under
Preferences->Conversion->Common Options. However the change will apply to all future conversions, not just conversion to KFX.

You will also need to use the "Restore Defaults" button at the bottom of the conversion dialog to make the new default apply to any books you converted previously.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:47 AM   #1015
synecdoche
synecdoche began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Those conversion options are part of the common conversion settings and are not specific to the KFX Output plugin. You can change the defaults for those conversion options under
Preferences->Conversion->Common Options. However the change will apply to all future conversions, not just conversion to KFX.

You will also need to use the "Restore Defaults" button at the bottom of the conversion dialog to make the new default apply to any books you converted previously.
Got it--thanks!
synecdoche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:31 PM   #1016
Pirate4Life
Pirate4Life began at the beginning.

Device: Andriod
Page Duplication

Is there a way to stop the page number of every new chapter to stop duplicating (the page number duplicates itself for the first two pages of every new chapter) when you use the "create approximate page number" feature. It can be quite annoying sometimes.
I would love it if someone would be able to resolve this issue for me.
Pirate4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:13 PM   #1017
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate4Life View Post
Is there a way to stop the page number of every new chapter to stop duplicating (the page number duplicates itself for the first two pages of every new chapter) when you use the "create approximate page number" feature. It can be quite annoying sometimes.
I would love it if someone would be able to resolve this issue for me.
The approximate page numbers are based on the typical amount of content on a printed page. It is normal for multiple Kindle screens to correspond to the same page number.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:38 PM   #1018
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Amazon has released Kindle Previewer version 3.52. There appears to be a bug in that release producing malformed output in some cases resulting in conversion failure.

I recommend sticking with version 3.51 for now. (It is OK to update if the latest plugin release is also used.)

Last edited by jhowell; 04-14-2021 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:32 PM   #1019
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 1.51.0 - 14 Apr 2021

Detect Kindle Previewer versions up to 3.52. Version 3.52 adds YJImageLayoutEnhancer.

Fix incorrect KFX style names sometimes produced by Kindle Previewer version 3.52.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:09 AM   #1020
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
I converted 2 ePubs to KFX format last night and loaded them onto my Kindle Paperwhote 3 this morning. I can read the books just fine. But the Kindle home screen does not show the book covers:

Last edited by apastuszak; 04-17-2021 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Decrease image size.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfx, linux, wine