Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-02-2016, 05:26 PM   #31
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I went in to the settings and turned off the cover review and the book suggestions so not I do really like the home screen it is basically just like the previous version.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:18 PM   #32
Zilov
Enthusiast
Zilov began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2, Nook STwGL, Bookeen Muse
That's sucks! No more quotes in AZW3 uploaded via USB!
The function of citation works only on books and docs transferred by Send-2-kindle service or from Amazon BookStore.
Zilov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2016, 08:14 PM   #33
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quick video overview of the new firmware for those that haven't tried it yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vayoxvW3KtU
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:36 PM   #34
WhatThe
WhatThe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
There's no list view anymore? I hate cover view :*(
WhatThe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:51 PM   #35
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThe View Post
There's no list view anymore? I hate cover view :*(
List view is still available.

ETA: I see that the video linked above says that list view is gone, but it is there under the middle drop down menu of the library screen. I don't think that has changed from the previous firmware.

Last edited by jhowell; 02-02-2016 at 08:59 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2016, 09:21 PM   #36
Jason90
Addict
Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
The update is defiantly an improvement and although i haven't used my kindle PW3 in awhile it seems abit faster overall too?
Jason90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:52 PM   #37
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O
Definitely keen to hear if the JB survives. Sounds like a nice update
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:03 PM   #38
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
List view is still available.

ETA: I see that the video linked above says that list view is gone, but it is there under the middle drop down menu of the library screen. I don't think that has changed from the previous firmware.
Yes, its still there. Before though it was in the top right menu to change the view. Now its in like you said in the middle drop down where it lists all, books, docs and such.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:14 PM   #39
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Off topic: There hasn't been any development related discussion going on here. Does anyone know why this thread was moved to the Kindle Developer's Corner? (Usually a moderator will provide a reason when moving a thread.)
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:33 PM   #40
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)

It was merged with knc1's post from the developer's corner (sorry, knc1).

Then he requested it be put back (okay, although *that* wasn't me) so somehow the whole thread ended up here.

Last edited by eschwartz; 02-02-2016 at 10:39 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:41 PM   #41
Byjuak
Byjuak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byjuak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byjuak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byjuak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byjuak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byjuak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byjuak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byjuak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byjuak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byjuak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byjuak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Modern interface and quicker airplane mode? That's pretty much what I want from an update, looking forward trying it out!

Something about a new dyslexic font too, that could be interesting even if I'm unlikely to need it.
Byjuak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:54 PM   #42
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Just installed the update on my PW3. Everything looks crisper and clearer. I was a little jealous of the new nook I got my wife for Christmas. Not anymore. It's almost like I bought a new e-reader.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:02 PM   #43
charlyee
Book Addict
charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, iPad Air 2, Surface 3
I think the page turning is smoother and more sensitive on my Voyage. Anyone else feel this?
charlyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:19 PM   #44
Branch Delay
Connoisseur
Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
update looks fantastic. really like the lightweight new design -- reminds me of IOS 9 a bit. looking forward to updating
Branch Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:30 PM   #45
Ekdog
Connoisseur
Ekdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with others

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Damn! I tried to update manually and got a message saying I'd downloaded the wrong one. What to do now?
Ekdog is offline   Reply With Quote