Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
ousia
Enthusiast
ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
replacing system default fonts

Hi there,

I have a borrowed Sony PRS-T1 and I would like to change the system default fonts to FreeSerif, FreeSans and FreeMono (since those fonts contain a more proper charset coverage than the Droid ones).

For obvious reasons (the device isn't actually mine), I don't want to root the Sony PRS-T1. And even if it were mine, I only need the font charset coverage.

Is there no way to replace DroidSans-BoldOblique.ttf, DroidSans-Bold.ttf, DroidSansMono-BoldOblique.ttf, DroidSansMono-Bold.ttf, DroidSansMono-Oblique.ttf, DroidSansMono.ttf, DroidSans-Oblique.ttf, DroidSans.ttf, DroidSerif-BoldItalic.ttf, DroidSerif-Bold.ttf, DroidSerif-Italic.ttf, DroidSerif-Regular.ttf and ReallyNo2LTW1G-Regular.otf by renamed Free UCS Outline Fonts alternatives?

I have read the description at another post in the forum.

This does exactly what I want, but it assumes that the device is rooted.

Could anyone help me with this?

Many thanks for your help.

Last edited by ousia; 04-28-2013 at 05:40 AM.
ousia is offline   Reply With Quote