Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: How often has your T1 crashed/frozen? (after using it at least 3 days)
Once 38 23.60%
2-3 times 26 16.15%
More than 3 times 35 21.74%
Never 62 38.51%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2019, 11:04 AM   #361
PatGIV
Connoisseur
PatGIV began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 & 2 ea. of T2
Have had my T1 since 12/12 when purchasing for Christmas for myself. Have had no problems up to now, but moved on to the T2 and really don't use the T1 anymore, but saving for a backup. Really please w/the performance of both of them.
PatGIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:08 PM   #362
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
The T1 seems to be a lemon, just flakey.
I disagree. My mother used one and I used one and they both worked very well. So please stop spreading falsehoods.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:19 PM   #363
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I disagree. My mother used one and I used one and they both worked very well. So please stop spreading falsehoods.
Rose-tinted glasses maybe Have you forgotten that that the PRS-T1 firmware was completely unable to display bold/italics reliably, using any built-in font other than its primitive default font. Sony chose to never fix this problem except by buying the newer PRS-T2.

Fortunately the required 2-line fix for the T1 was supplied (as a hacked Android apk) in these forums by a more competent developer with a better understanding of basic CSS.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:47 AM   #364
DoctorM
Groupie
DoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: none
Is that what that fix was? I never understood what it was for.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote