Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
klontj
klontj began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 / nook color
Problem Sideloading Epubs

I've been having a frustrating problem for the past week sideloading epubs onto my Kobo Touch. I add and remove epubs directly from my laptop to the Kobo Touch. The problem first arose when I deleted 2 epubs from the Kobo. After ejecting the Touch, the books still appeared on my home page and in my library even though the windows explorer on my laptop showed they were not on the Kobo Touch. I then did a factory reset and the books no longer appeared on the Touch. I then sideloaded about 10 epubs from my laptop onto the Kobo Touch and ejected properly. The Kobo Touch then stayed processing content for about 2 hours and finally shut off. When I restarted the Touch it only showed 3 of the 10 books that I had sideloaded. I've tried this several more times including 3 more factory resets and each time after ejecting it goes into an extended processing content for up to several hours and the result is that no or a few epubs appear on the Kobo even though
windows explorer says thay are in the proper Kobo directory. I only transfer a few epubs at a time.I even tried using Calibre and had no success. This problem has been present for 1.9.10 and 1.9.11 firmwares.
All of the epubs work fine on my Sony PRS-950 and I always eject properly. After one transfer attempt it went into an extended processing content and finally told me to charge my Kobo even though I had charged it fully the previous day. My Kobo is unusable in this condition. Any help would be appreciated.
klontj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I used to have problems sideloading via Explorer and KT would get hung up on some weird files names. Since moving to doing everything through Calibre, I have not had one single problem. Not one.
Latch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
klontj
klontj began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 / nook color
I tried using Calibre and got the same result - extended processing time and not showing up in my library. All of the epubs I transferred are good. My Kobo used to work fine except for the ocassional freezes.
klontj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #4
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
First try empty garbage after deleting books with windows explorer. Even now you can try this.

You can also try setting view hidden folders with windows explorer drop down menu and see undeleted hidden files causing your problem.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote