Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-02-2022, 05:14 AM   #391
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Fynjisx - please post queries about plugins in the plugin's thread. There's an index at the top of the Plugin subforum ==>> Index of plugins

I will merge this thread into the GetFilename thread.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 12:58 PM   #392
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Preferences: Get Plugins: If you highlight the one you are interested in: There is this link in the lower corner that takes you there
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GetPlugPage.JPG
Views:	434
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	195561  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 07:28 PM   #393
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Question: Has anybody else found timezone oddities with the 'file date' column?

I've found a handful of books where #filedate is ahead of 'date' by 4 hours, pushing it past midnight and to a new date. I'm GMT -4:00.

It seems more likely to be an issue from the now-gone source files (I thought NTFS stored as UTC, so its definitely odd) but I'm curious as to anyone else has come across it.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-23-2022 at 07:49 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 08:33 PM   #394
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I doubt the plugin gets the mod date from directly from Win 32 GetFileTime function, probably gets it from Qt, perhaps via calibre.

BR
Old 11-23-2022, 08:38 PM   #395
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

QFileInfo, perhaps? Either directly or via Calibre.
Old 11-23-2022, 09:00 PM   #396
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
QFileInfo, perhaps? Either directly or via Calibre.
Look in the plugin - if I was a betting man I'd put my money on calibre->Qt->Platform.

BR
Old 11-23-2022, 09:07 PM   #397
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I took a look at the code - I found os.path.getmtime, utcfromdatetime and QDateTime.
Old 11-24-2022, 01:12 AM   #398
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'll check this, although I don't really know quite well how to check?... 4 hours ahead when you're GMT-4 looks like a place where local date is thought as a GMT date (quick note: I hate timezones)
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 02:22 AM   #399
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
(quick note: I hate timezones)
The only reason time exists is to stop everything happening at once.

BR
Old 11-24-2022, 02:30 AM   #400
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Question: Has anybody else found timezone oddities with the 'file date' column?

I've found a handful of books where #filedate is ahead of 'date' by 4 hours, pushing it past midnight and to a new date. I'm GMT -4:00.

It seems more likely to be an issue from the now-gone source files (I thought NTFS stored as UTC, so its definitely odd) but I'm curious as to anyone else has come across it.
I've tried this interesting plugin a while ago and recall facing this oddity, too...
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 03:07 PM   #401
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Question: When using DeACSM/ACSM Input, the filename field is populated with [ascmfilename].epub. Is this the expected result?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 02-12-2023 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-12-2023, 04:03 PM   #402
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Question: When using DeACSM/ACSM Input, the filename field is populated with [ascmfilename].epub. Is this the expected result?
No idea, as I don't have tested it with that plugin. It's a very corner case. Theoretically, the name should be [ascmfilename].ascm (It's the real initial name), but I think it's not handled.
Old 02-12-2023, 04:09 PM   #403
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

That's what I thought too. Maybe I could set up a foldername field and see what gets populated there.
Old 02-12-2023, 04:33 PM   #404
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That's what I thought too. Maybe I could set up a foldername field and see what gets populated there.
I'll try to make a small test, too, next time I download an acsm (I don't use this plugin so I haven't checked it).
Old 02-12-2023, 04:43 PM   #405
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

OK I borrowed a book from Overdrive. (Don't worry, I delete them once finished. ) I got D:\Temporary\Calibre\temp\calibre_ikubkn1m\b5ko5em 1_add_books\0\[acsmfilename].epub, though the folder doesn't exist when I checked (perhaps deleted right away).

Last edited by ownedbycats; 02-12-2023 at 04:50 PM.

Tags
calibredb, calibredb metadata import, plugin