Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-21-2022, 11:19 AM   #31
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
I have actually been thinking about contacting Kobo, to mention things like this and how I'd love to see ligatures enabled in their Kepub format.
Kobo already provided a new option to enable ligatures/kerning in kepubs in fw 4.32. No patching required but you do need to manually add a line to your Kobo config file. See here for details and use the optimizelegibility option.

If you decide you don't like it after all just remove the added line (and may possibly need a reboot, not sure). The reason some don't like it is that, in certain convoluted circumstances, you may see some oddities with word and/or letter-spacing if you normally read books fully justified.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 12:03 AM   #32
Tawn
Connoisseur
Tawn began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you are reading KePub, then you'll find the font size to be very much smaller. There is a patch to make ePub & KePub be the same size on the slider.
Just figured out that the Overdrive books are kepub (cloudLibrary ones are epub). That is where my main issue lies (now that the annoying flashing has resolved). If I continue using both, I'll consider the patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
...Personally, I find it weird that you don't know where in the slider you need to tap to get the setting to what you need. Or at least roughly what you want.
I'm still kind of a newbie at ereaders; but I'm getting better at estimating that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
U think KOReader or Plato can do this. It sounds like one of those would be better for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
...Finally, I've managed to do this with my custom build of Plato. Added a CSS tweak feature whereby I can long press on the main text and apply a canned CSS style to it. Boom! 20 lines of text on my Libra 2. No more fiddling around.
Plato sounds interesting, but it doesn't work with DRM, and I'm mostly reading (public) library books.

Thanks to all for the helpful tips.
Tawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2022, 11:45 PM   #33
Tawn
Connoisseur
Tawn began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Libra 2
Just to update: Got the kepub/epub patch & all is well. Physical books vary in font size & that never bothered me (even with a few LP books), but the kepub/epub difference without the patch was extreme. Can't help but wonder why kobo though that would be a good thing.
Tawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 03:56 AM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawn View Post
Just to update: Got the kepub/epub patch & all is well. Physical books vary in font size & that never bothered me (even with a few LP books), but the kepub/epub difference without the patch was extreme. Can't help but wonder why kobo though that would be a good thing.
To help get Kobo to fix the font size differences between ePub & KePub, I suggest everyone reading this contact Kobo and let them know this is an issue.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote