Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-27-2022, 10:22 AM   #1
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Sage Advanced notebook first use.

I noticed when I first tried to create an Advanced Notebook on my Sage that it did an extra download of Recognition and Dictionaries as a sync.

I setting one up for someone and the Basic Notebook works, but trying to create an Advanced Notebook fails on that Recognition and Dictionaries: "Sync Failed, Try again."

The notebook is sometimes created but vanishes. Could it be the Kobo or Nebo server needed on this first occasion is offline?

Everything else seems to work. The Elipsa never put up that message on first use no doubt because it has the FW by default.

Oh, I'm sick, so hope this is coherent.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 04:41 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Still fails today with ""Sync Failed, Try again" on trying to create an advanced notebook.
Last night I tried
  • Power Off (several)
  • Repair Account (x1)
  • Factory Reset (x1), a pain because WiFi password sensibly gone
  • Re-install FW 4.32.x manually. A Factory Reset doesn't mess with FW if up-to-date.
  • Copying everything in iink from old Sage to new one (empty, so obviously nothing download by sync for recognition)
None of those worked. Everything apart from Advanced Notebook seems to work.

Last edited by Quoth; 05-28-2022 at 04:43 AM.
Advert
Old 05-28-2022, 07:05 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

I'm guessing a server somewhere is down/broken

I tried copying EVERYTHING visible from my working Sage, but I put original devicesalt.conf on target.

Naturally it had a Critical Error. I pressed X and the Advanced Notebooks worked. Power off and on and different Critical Error.
I accepted OK and it did what looked like a reset of some kind.
Advaned Notebooks provoke the Sync & Error. Though export works (Obviously I'd copied existing ones).

Did various pointless stuff. Even looked at SQL. Looked at the main .conf file and contents of iink directory/folder. The iink sections and iink files gone. So copied JUST those from working Sage, though that was an early thing I tried. Amazing, it now works!

So it's not a faulty Sage. A server needed for first use of Advanced Notebooks (not Basic as they are toy sketch pads) is obviously down. Not a problem for Elipsa as it seems to get the iink stuff with the FW, the Sage doesn't. So be cautious about any resets of Sage and if you get a new one and Advanced Notebooks not working (Stylus detection needed) it may be the special server is down.

You don't have to touch the special stylus/pen on the screen. just close is enough and then the My Notebooks Icon appears if missing.