Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-22-2021, 03:41 PM   #1
Guego
Guego began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Clara HD
Estimated time to read/finish a book

Hi,
My kobo always underestimates the time it takes me to read a book (I'm a slow reader). For example, right now, I'm in the middle of a book (exactly half of the pages). It took me 9 hours to read the first half, and my kobo estimates that I'll finish it in 5 hours. How does it compute that? It knows exactly my reading speed! It should know it will take me longer!
Guego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 03:58 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guego View Post
Hi,
My kobo always underestimates the time it takes me to read a book (I'm a slow reader). For example, right now, I'm in the middle of a book (exactly half of the pages). It took me 9 hours to read the first half, and my kobo estimates that I'll finish it in 5 hours. How does it compute that? It knows exactly my reading speed! It should know it will take me longer!
The time left to read is broken. It seems to be working on one page=one minute.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert