Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-22-2022, 12:50 PM   #1
Hschwickart
Calibre Fan
Hschwickart began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Book Touch Lux 5
Cal sends mails without attachments

Tried to send about 10 books with Calibres mail feature to pbsync. Some were accepted, some were rejected due to missing attachment of the book.
Hschwickart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:11 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre does not ever send mails without attachments. This will be a bug in pbsync. Send them to your normal email address instead to confirm. Most likely it will be because those books have non-english title/authors and the pbsync service cant deal with unicode filenames for attachements. If you run up-to-date clibre it detects mails sent to @pbsync.com and uses ascii filenames for them automatically.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 03:26 AM   #3
Hschwickart
Calibre Fan

Thanks, I will contact PB-support.
That would explain the random appearence of the phenomenon.
Old 05-28-2022, 03:29 AM   #4
Hschwickart
Calibre Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre does not ever send mails without attachments. This will be a bug in pbsync. Send them to your normal email address instead to confirm. Most likely it will be because those books have non-english title/authors and the pbsync service cant deal with unicode filenames for attachements. If you run up-to-date clibre it detects mails sent to @pbsync.com and uses ascii filenames for them automatically.
Pocket book has confirmed that the problem is caused by the filenames, they don't allow commas.
Whereas Windows allows nearly all filenames, be they strange as you can think, as an old IT professional I always try to avoid them. As we are having two Pocket Books I was using Calibres mailing capabilities which is preventing from connecting the devices to Windows.
The strange filenames sometimes created by Calibre however hinder me to use that useful function as about one third of the books is not accepted.Therefore I am sending the manually prr mail with handchanged filenames.
Is there no plugin available to overcome this situation?
Old 05-28-2022, 10:49 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschwickart View Post
Pocket book has confirmed that the problem is caused by the filenames, they don't allow commas.
Whereas Windows allows nearly all filenames, be they strange as you can think, as an old IT professional I always try to avoid them. As we are having two Pocket Books I was using Calibres mailing capabilities which is preventing from connecting the devices to Windows.
The strange filenames sometimes created by Calibre however hinder me to use that useful function as about one third of the books is not accepted.Therefore I am sending the manually prr mail with handchanged filenames.
Is there no plugin available to overcome this situation?
What version of calibre are you running?

As Kovid mentioned in his response to you back in February, 2022, if you are running an up to date version of calibre, it will automagically sanitize filenames when sending to @pbsync.com email addresses.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 02:20 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I have added removal of commas from attachement file names as well for @pbsync.com addresses.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 03:21 AM   #7
Hschwickart
Calibre Fan

Quote:
I have added removal of commas from attachement file names as well for @pbsync.com addresses.
Great, thanks a lot
Old 05-29-2022, 07:05 AM   #8
Hschwickart
Calibre Fan

Quote:
What Version would that be?
Old 05-29-2022, 09:14 AM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschwickart View Post
What Version would that be?
Probably the next version 5.44.0; the change was only just added to calibre and 5.43.0 was released 2 days ago.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 09:08 AM   #10
Hschwickart
Calibre Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Probably the next version 5.44.0; the change was only just added to calibre and 5.43.0 was released 2 days ago.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk