Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-10-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
johnelle
Zealot
johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle app on Samsung Tab
In a Corner... with KFX Conversions

Am getting a conversion error on an Amazon book I just bought. Wanted to convert it to .mobi for my mom's Kindle (I bought it for her) but am getting a conversion error:

Quote:
calibre, version 3.35.0
ERROR: KFX conversion failed: <p><b>Cannot convert The Captured: A True Story of Abduction by Indians on the Texas Frontier</b><br><br>Unexpected style definition: text-decoration: line-through underline</p>
I can't edit it and hack the style but you can't edit KFX files. Can't convert to .mobi of course.

Now what?
johnelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:47 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try this ==>> Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 and KFX in calibre

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2018, 05:59 PM   #3
johnelle
Zealot
johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well yes that is why I have been using the KFX plug-in for a while.

The problem is that converting from KFX (i.e. method 4) to mobi is not working. I could try to set-up an old version of the software and re-download in the old format but I prefer not having to force out of date software onto my system because they require constant attention.

Is there no way to "patch" the KFX to work around this?
Old 12-10-2018, 06:55 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnelle View Post
Is there no way to "patch" the KFX to work around this?
Moderator Notice
Dunno

So, I changed your obscure thread title to something that should attract the attention of those that do

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:34 PM   #5
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
The conversion error is caused by content that I did not anticipate being detected by the KFX Input plugin. When you convert a book there is an option in the KFX Input tab in the conversion options to ignore conversion errors. Set that and in this case the conversion will work properly. I will remove this particular error in the next release of the plugin, but until then setting that option is necessary.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2018, 05:20 AM   #6
johnelle
Zealot

Thanks

Keep up the good work!
Old 06-09-2019, 05:28 AM   #7
traktor
traktor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Same error

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem even after checking the "Allow conversion to complete even if errors are detected" checkbox.

Calibre, KFX Input and DeDRM are up to date.

That's the error message:

ERROR: KFX conversion failed
Cannot convert "Book Name"
TypeError("unsupported operand type(s) for *: 'NoneType' and 'Decimal'",)

I loaded the KFX from Kindle PC 1.24. Loading from the device is not an option right now becasue my firmware is 5.10.2.1.

Any ideas how I can handle this? Thanks.
traktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:26 AM   #8
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traktor View Post
ERROR: KFX conversion failed
Cannot convert "Book Name"
TypeError("unsupported operand type(s) for *: 'NoneType' and 'Decimal'",)

Any ideas how I can handle this? Thanks.
It is probably caused by a bug in the KFX Input plugin that I will need to fix. Please post the complete conversion log or send it to me in a private message so I can diagnose the problem further.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:44 AM   #9
traktor
traktor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Thanks jhowell,

I've sent you a PM with the log.
traktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:52 AM   #10
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by traktor View Post
Thanks jhowell,

I've sent you a PM with the log.
Thanks for that. I have released a new version of the KFX Input plugin that fixes the bug and should convert your book properly.

Tags
conversion, kfx, style