Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-29-2015, 11:22 AM   #46
Zilov
Enthusiast
Zilov began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2, Nook STwGL, Bookeen Muse
I order Muse and check the serial number. If it is OK I take. If s/n is of Pearl I say "Pardon, I will not get it". This is the only way.
Zilov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:40 AM   #47
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
That does not answer my question:

>> How can you be sure that the BK646 is a carta screen, and the BK616 is a pearl?
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2015, 12:20 PM   #48
Zilov
Enthusiast
Zilov began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2, Nook STwGL, Bookeen Muse
It's information from official support. As is.
Zilov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:39 PM   #49
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

They are just crazy to sell different screen type at random..
Old 01-31-2015, 02:16 PM   #50
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Seriously ? It's not all the same screens ??
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2015, 04:43 AM   #51
Godzil

I wonder is the serial difference is not between the difference between the frontlight and the non frontlight versions.

If it's not, they are just stupid..
Old 02-20-2015, 05:37 PM   #52
Flinx
Connoisseur
Flinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Cybook Muse Frontlight, Cybook Odyssey
Now I got a replacement device from Bookeen too and all is perfect. And of course my frontlight has a carta screen and a BK646 serial. Godzil, I think you are right that the difference is between the frontlight and non frontlight devices.
The Cybook Muse is the best reader I did own until now.
Flinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:00 PM   #53
karatchov
karatchov began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi,

I'm a happy owner of a Nolimbook HD (a rebranded cybook muse)
As much as I'm impressed by the hardware, I'm surprised how the sub-alpha quality software of the device passed quality control and got released.

Anyway ....

Cybook released yesterday an OTA update for cybook muse (and Odyssey).
I will be super thankful if someone can get hold of the update binary (using a wifi hotspot, and wireshark)
karatchov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:31 PM   #54
Godzil

You can't do this as they use SSL.

And the firmware is not the same on the nomil (nor the hardware, odyssey use an OMAP chip, the nolim a Chinese allwinner chip)
Old 03-27-2015, 01:34 PM   #55
karatchov
karatchov began at the beginning.

Device: none
Are you sure about the SSL connection ? A lot of manufacturers use plain http to download the update file (including Amazon in a lot of its products), but make sure to sign the file.

The software: not sure, but they look awfully similar.

The hardware: I can tell for sure that the nolimbook HD is based on an AllwinnerA13, 1Ghz ,ARMv7, 256MB chip. Anyone can tell/confirm which chip is used on the cybook muse ?
karatchov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:37 PM   #56
Godzil

Yes I'm sure about the SSL connection.
I don't know about update for the AllWinner CPUs but the OMAP are crypted probably signed for sure, and transferred using SSL, don't ask me why, this is stupid for OTA

But I was wrong on one point, they just released an update (OTA) for the allwinners product branded bookeen, but no direct download (stupid) (the French blog give a really strange reason for no direct download, they release the update to everyone with the most unsecure method, OTA, and wait for positive results before adding it to the download page.. o_O )

Look at bookeen's specs, if they don't say it's an OMAP chip, but a cortex one, it's a AllWinner.

Last edited by Godzil; 03-27-2015 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:46 AM   #57
mahtin
google this
mahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo h2o2, bookeen muse frontlight, resurrected. Fire HD8.
Not only do they not have the firmware download, they also have no user manual for the Muse. Allons, enfants...
mahtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:49 AM   #58
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is a user manual, on the muse

Uploded them here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Cybook_Muse_fr.epub (500.3 KB, 426 views)
File Type: epub Cybook_Muse_en.epub (404.3 KB, 444 views)
Old 04-15-2015, 08:56 AM   #59
mahtin
google this
mahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo h2o2, bookeen muse frontlight, resurrected. Fire HD8.
Wow, thanks a bunch.

If I might impose, and if this is the wrong place, sorry. Will Calibre be including the Muse, or should I perhaps choose Odyssey as device in the welcome wizard?

Last edited by mahtin; 04-15-2015 at 09:02 AM. Reason: afterthought
mahtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:20 AM   #60
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtin View Post
Wow, thanks a bunch.

If I might impose, and if this is the wrong place, sorry. Will Calibre be including the Muse, or should I perhaps choose Odyssey as device in the welcome wizard?
Ah, you should try to ask the calibre forum.
It's easy to add a new reader. Shouldn't be a problem. Odyssey setting might work. Not sure, i don't use calibre.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 04-16-2015 at 08:09 AM.